Waitlists

ToxM

Hi all I hope you can help. DH and I are looking at a cruise on Nautical next year for our anniversary. The cabin grade we are looking at is marked as waitlisted. Whilst I understand the concept, in people's general experience, do these cabins eventually become available, and do you or your TA contact Oceania with a potential booking to get in the line to get a waitlisted grade of cabin - how does it work? Is it worth holding out hope for one of these cabins to become available over and above something a grade or two up that is classed as a guarantee? We've cruised before with Celebrity but haven't seen waitlisting used within their booking process. The cruise in question is over a year away if that makes any difference with people's experiences. Thanks all!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for this, I didn't realise there was paid and unpaid wait lists. Does anyone have any experience with results for these two options? Thanks in advance :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

My strategy is to check cabin availability almost daily after a waitlist. I was able to secure a cabin (that I wanted!) even before being contacted about my waitlist. Just took a quick call to my TA and she took care of it immediately.

Joe

I am booked in a guarantee "E", which is now waitlisted. How does that work? Am I assigned a cabin before or after the waitlisted party gets a cabin. Right now, "D" is also a guarantee and the available cabins on "C2" are towards the front of the ship. I don't care what cabin I get so long as it is midship (due to DH's possible motion sickness problem). Will I have a choice to refuse a "C2" cabin in favor of a "D" or "E"?

I am booked in a guarantee "E", which is now waitlisted. How does that work? Am I assigned a cabin before or after the waitlisted party gets a cabin. Right now, "D" is also a guarantee and the available cabins on "C2" are towards the front of the ship. I don't care what cabin I get so long as it is midship (due to DH's possible motion sickness problem). Will I have a choice to refuse a "C2" cabin in favor of a "D" or "E"?

I think a GTY beats a W/L but check with your TA or Oceania

If you get assigned a cabin that is not where you want you can ask for a change but if none are left then you will be out of luck

I never book a GTY for this reason

I like to know where I am sleeping but some people do not care as long as they are on the ship

We just booked a cruise on Riviera for Feb. and got on a waitlist for a PH1 cat. The waitlist cleared in 2 days. Don't know the specific cabin, but the location of Ph1 cabins are all fine for us. We usually book a year in advance, so this is the first time we were on a waitlist.

The speed the waitlist will clear is cruise and category specific. E.g. On the circumnavigation of Australia some people will never clear in certain categories. On a Caribbean or Mediterranean cruise the odds are much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums