Aft Oceania suite on marina

janecambridge

I am thinking of having treat for my birthday in 2018,sailing somewhere warm.

Looking at South Pacific and wondering if the Oceania suites,aft,are quiet? Do you hear the chairs above in terrace,scraping?I looked at the bigger suites but these two caught my eye as they will be more sheltered from winds on sea days.Are the other Oceania suites ok?The bigger suites don't have anything more than we need.Did find a bit of useful info from Jim and Stan in past postings.Thank you.

We were in 11083 on a TA to Rio nearly 3 years ago. I loved it -- the veranda is huge. I spent quite a bit of time out there. We didn't notice chairs scraping above us, etc., but it was extremely noisy pulling out of port once the engines got going. However, that didn't last long.

The main difference between the Deck 12 OCs and the aft ones is that the Deck 12 OCs have two full baths (although the smaller one is a lot smaller) and the Deck 11 OCs have one and a half baths ... no shower in the second bathroom. But my feeling when I was in one of the Deck 12 OCs for a cocktail party was that our veranda on Deck 11 was MUCH larger.

Looking at South Pacific and wondering if the Oceania suites,aft,are quiet? Do you hear the chairs above in terrace,scraping?I looked at the bigger suites but these two caught my eye as they will be more sheltered from winds on sea days.Are the other Oceania suites ok?The bigger suites don't have anything more than we need.Did find a bit of useful info from Jim and Stan in past postings.Thank you.

We were in 11083 for 3 back to back cruises earlier this year on Riviera (Athens - Venice - Barcelona - Rome)

We absolutely loved the suite. The wrap around balcony is gorgeous, with plant you space for both of us to lounge. Sitting in the outside spa bath with a drink, watching the activity around Monte Carlo is not something you do every day!

We did'nt notice that the engine noice was any different from what we had experienced from PH suites that we had been in on previous cruises.

However, in the morning I did notice some "sporadic" scrapping of furniture. Not every day, and not continuous but certainly noticeable. That being said, my wife who is a heavier sleeper was oblivious to this. We never noticed any noise from the Terrace Cafe at other times of the day (either during lunch or dinner).

You are assumption about the wind is correct. While at sea, the rear facing suites are protected from most of the breeze generated by the boat moving (though you'll still get any breeze coming from the side).

We have now been on 7 Oceania cruises, which have been in the PH level suites. However we enjoyed the extra space of the OC suite so much, we have decided to upgrade to the OS suite on a Papeete - LA cruise that we've just booked on the Sirena next year. As the floor area is around 1000 sq ft, and the decor has been recently refurbished, we a are expecting this to be very similar to the Riviera OC suite.

Before our cruise in 11083 we thought the extra space would be superfluous. However, we certainly appreciated the benefits of the extra living space and dining space. We ended up having breakfast served in our room almost every day. As we are not great fans of the shows on at night, we a lot of use of the media room. It was great being able to go back to our room and watch a topical movie related to a location we had just visited. (Eg 300 after visiting the site just outside Athens)

Enjoy you cruise.

We just booked an Oceania suite for a b2 b I did a search using the cabin numbers and found lots of useful info. We opted for deck 12 after reading all the posts. We don't need all that balcony space and prefer a full second bathroom. The deck 12 suites are larger on the interior That matters to us. There were complaints about noise in the aft suites.

I suggest you search using specific cabin numbers. Lots of good info. Then you can choose based on what's important to you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by bitob

Type in "11080"in the search bar and you will get a thread on this topic including my comments...In short .."YES" you do hear the noise from the terrace above ....especially early in the morning when they slide the chairs along the terrace floor.

Is it at all possible that those in 11080 hear the chair noise but those in 11083 do not? It doesn't seem likely but ...

My memory may be faulty -- we were in 11083 in November 2013 -- but I don't recall those noises, or if we did they didn't bother us. Whereas the engine noises when leaving DID because the whole room shook for a while.

Even so, while we are booked in a Deck 12 OC on Marina next April, we are wait listed for one of the aft OCs ... I don't expect we'll get one! But we'd prefer it to the Deck 12 location.

Different strokes for different folks ...

We had that suite, nice but a little noise in the morning from chairs moving around. Other than that it's a great suite. The only bad thing was the bathroom door is clear (frosted) glass and the big window in the bath lets in light in the morning.

Mmmmm......I'm a light sleeper.We once had a cabin under a lido deck and it was hell for me....it was 24 hrs and although I don't sleep in the day,to rest and read quietly was impossible.

I do like aft cabins for views...

I will have to think about it.But great replies.Thank you so much...

Mmmmm......I'm a light sleeper.We once had a cabin under a lido deck and it was hell for me....it was 24 hrs and although I don't sleep in the day,to rest and read quietly was impossible.

I do like aft cabins for views...

I will have to think about it.But great replies.Thank you so much...

46e100a9e6425de6584e6095001af76d.jpgDon't do it!

The tenor and tone of your previous posts tells me that you wouldn't be happy in the Aft Suites.....not in the Deck 12 Oceania Suites either, unless you score one on the Port Side (the Starboard Suites are under the fitness Center).

210504.jpg

I'd suggest holding out until you find a Cruise where either 7130 or 7135 is available. Being under one of the Owners Suites, these Penthouses are exceedingly quiet, you get the aft view and you will be far happier with the price point.

Thanks Jim or Stan.....

I was beginning to wonder if the noise from above was only heard on warm cruising where the terrace was used more...

I have no worries about a cabin that has anchor noise or engine noise on sailaway.We have had wondeful aft balcony cabins on Princess.

We have just had a penthouse on our first Oceania cruise and loved it.I may consider the aft ones on deck 7. Good idea..

But I thought I wanted to jump up a suite.Hot tub on balcony sounds great.

So any suggestions for a warm/ hot cruise ( not carribean,done it to death) beginning of 2018 for a special birthday,with luxury but not stupidly big..Any ship....Really enjoyed Oceania.....

For my money, this segment of the World Cruise is the best Itinerary under 30 Days ANYWHERE, and the price is certainly right-

Of course, if the Birthday is significant enough that 30 days isn't out of the question....:rolleyes:

INS170414.jpg SINGAPORE TO ABU DHABI,

18-Day Voyage, Insignia

Apr 14 Fri Singapore, Singapore Embark 1 PM 6 PM

Apr 15 Sat Cruising the Strait of Malacca

Apr 16 Sun Phuket, Thailand 8 AM 5 PM

Apr 17 Mon Cruising the Andaman Sea

Apr 18 Tue Rangoon, Myanmar 9 AM

Apr 19 Wed Rangoon, Myanmar

Apr 20 Thu Rangoon, Myanmar 2 PM

Apr 21 Fri Cruising the Bay of Bengal

Apr 22 Sat Cruising the Bay of Bengal

Apr 23 Sun Cruising the Laccadive Sea

Apr 24 Mon Cochin (Kochi), India 9 AM 6 PM

Apr 25 Tue Mangalore, India 8 AM 5 PM

Apr 26 Wed Goa (Mormugao), India 7 AM 5 PM

Apr 27 Thu Mumbai, India 9 AM

Apr 28 Fri Mumbai, India 4 PM

Apr 29 Sat Cruising the Arabian Sea

Apr 30 Sun Cruising the Arabian Sea

May 1 Mon Dubai, United Arab Emirates 9 AM 11 PM

May 2 Tue Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates Disembark 8 AM

Thanks Jim or Stan.....

I was beginning to wonder if the noise from above was only heard on warm cruising where the terrace was used more...

I have no worries about a cabin that has anchor noise or engine noise on sailaway.We have had wondeful aft balcony cabins on Princess.

We have just had a penthouse on our first Oceania cruise and loved it.I may consider the aft ones on deck 7. Good idea..

But I thought I wanted to jump up a suite.Hot tub on balcony sounds great.

So any suggestions for a warm/ hot cruise ( not carribean,done it to death) beginning of 2018 for a special birthday,with luxury but not stupidly big..Any ship....Really enjoyed Oceania.....

The tub on the balcony is not really a hot tub, but a jetted tub that you fill with water just like the one in the bath.

The tub on the balcony is not really a hot tub, but a jetted tub that you fill with water just like the one in the bath.

b_092826.jpg

We were the second occupants of 11083, and the installation paperwork was still in a drawer in the Suite.....it's a Jacuzzi ;)

Edited by JimandStan

[

210504.jpg

I'd suggest holding out until you find a Cruise where either 7130 or 7135 is available. Being under one of the Owners Suites, these Penthouses are exceedingly quiet, you get the aft view and you will be far happier with the price point.[/font][/size]

We've stayed in 7128 and 7135. on a back to back.

In 7130 and 7135 the closet is much smaller to accommodate the rear balcony and there is about 18 inches smaller walkway from the cabin door into the cabin at the foot of the bed. If you use the dressing table, you also cannot use the dining table and chairs at the foot of the bed.

It was great to sit at the aft of the ship as it sailed but we really missed the use of the table and chairs at the foot of the bed. We had them taken out of our cabin because it was too narrow to pass by for both of us and the half size of the closet left us with little hanging and dresser space.

I would only take those cabins if I were going on a warm weather itinerary where I was sure that we'd sit out there. We had those two (7128 and 7135) on a b2b and moved cabins between the two sailings. We loved 7128

Also - in the aft cabins when docking and leaving port there is a lot of vibration from the engines. If you are a light sleeper - go more forward. We felt nothing on Deck 9 mid ship.

Really the OS. We do not like anything but deck 8 or 9. Noise doesn't bother us though. We find that the higher the deck, the more the ship shifts during "weather". It is a personal thing. If noise overhead bothers you, listen to Jim/Stan, they are the end all for information.

Thank you.It looks like penthouse aft deck 7 then..I don't think we can splash out for owners suite and Oceania suites looked lovely but don't want the noise above,aft.

One quick question,are the other Oceania suites on deck 12,even numbers,worth thinking about? Just wondering what if the balconies are big?....

Keep replenishing it with hot water and it sure does the same job. I used it every sea day (10 days) during our Tahiti to Lima cruise lt was great. The so called outdoor flat screen was a poor example of technology.

We really enjoyed the Oceania suite. We visited the aft end suites and they seemed as good.

Beware you feel the bow going up and down in relatively light seas (5-7 ft) in the 12 deck cabins.

The benefit of the Deck 11 aft OCs is that it's a wrap around deck, so more room ... that means less room inside, but the interior space is still large. From our perspective the main difference inside is the lack of two full bathrooms as to the large master bath plus a half bath. For us that is fine ... for others, not so much. I prefer the extra room on the veranda when it comes down to it.

We liked it well enough to book it again and we're wait listed on another cruise (although I doubt we'll get it).

Mura

Just another opinion... we've stayed in an Owners Suite and an Oceania Suite (deck 12). One problem with the Owners Suite was black soot on the balcony. We did love the OS, but the black soot was a nuisance and I wonder whether it also appears on the aft Oceania Suites? We loved the deck 12 Oceania Suites. Whilst it is true that the balconies are smaller, the location is great and the layout, for us, worked really well. In fact, so far, I would say it's probably our favourite suite although I should add that we have only sailed Oceania, Regent and Crystal to date...

175347.jpg

Another difference between the Deck 11 and Deck 12 Oceania Suites is that the Deck 12 Suites have a second door to the Veranda from the bedroom.

The Veranda is only accessible from the Living Room in the Deck 11 Suites as that door is replaced by a window.

175306.jpg

Regarding black soot on the Aft OCs on Marina, I didn't notice that ... and I spent quite a bit of time out there since we were on a TA.

Then again, I don't have the neatest household at home ...

But I'm sure I'd have noticed soot if it were there. Like if I had to clean off the lounger before I could sit on it!

Mura

Regarding black soot on the Aft OCs on Marina, I didn't notice that ... and I spent quite a bit of time out there since we were on a TA.

Then again, I don't have the neatest household at home ...

But I'm sure I'd have noticed soot if it were there. Like if I had to clean off the lounger before I could sit on it!

Mura

Yes, you'd have noticed it! Housekeeping were really good at cleaning each morning, but the furniture would have a noticeable (and transferable!) black sprinkle of soot, sometimes splodges of soot. Some days were better than others.

• 2 weeks later...

So 12010 would be good Jim/Stan? probably one of three of the Oceania suites to avoid noise above? We have this one on hold with our agent..We are off to a travel show next week and Oceania will be there and we could get some 'extras'. I heard the obc will be reduced on October 1st...