Cleaning Products

Seekingsusan

You're on vacation! Let the steward do his job and clean the room and the shower. It's been my experience that they do a good job and are happy to help you out with pretty much anything you need. They are very busy though and are helping a lot of people, so ask nicely, don't demand! (not accusing you of anything here, just aware that there are always a few less than polite people on ships, but usually not on these boards). I don't think there would be any problem with bringing your own cleaning supplies on board, but it's really unnecessary--the cabin will be clean.

Hi everyone I will be going on my 1st cruise in 76 days YAY!!!! Any who I was wondering if i could bring my own cleaning products like shower cleaner .I know they clean the rooms but by habit i like to clean on my own.:p

Since you haven't specified what cruise line you're sailing on, or whether you're flying or driving to your home port, you'll need to check on what you're restricted on packing in your luggage in the way of aerosol or bottled cleaning products.

We always bring packs of Lysol disinfectant wipes. We don't clean everything, but there are times when some surfaces look questionable at which point we will use them. Never had a problem bringing those.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi everyone I will be going on my 1st cruise in 76 days YAY!!!! Any who I was wondering if i could bring my own cleaning products like shower cleaner .I know they clean the rooms but by habit i like to clean on my own.:p

Sure you can do that. You might however give an impression to the steward that he need not clean it anymore since you are doing the same.

They do a good job cleaning. If they don't, call your room steward. I would also think, they might use special cleaners for their septic system. This isn't something I would worry about. Maybe some Lysol wipes to clean remote, phone etc.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I will be on the Glory Carnival Cruise. I wanted to post my time left to cruise like some of you did so we can count down together:) but I dont know how to share that part. I live in florida so I will be just driving to the port.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I will be on the Glory Carnival Cruise. I wanted to post my time left to cruise like some of you did so we can count down together:) but I dont know how to share that part. I live in florida so I will be just driving to the port.

Here's a link to the Countdown Clocks so you can make your own. Once you've made it, you can then insert it in your signature. To insert in your signature, go to the top right hand corner of the page, click on the drop down box next to your user name and select "Edit Signature" and you'll be able to put the code in your signature.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/vbulletin/countdown.cfm

It is not necessary to bring any cleaning products or to clean your shower on your own. Besides you or your family, who else will be using the shower during the week? The stateroom attendants address your room twice a day - once in the morning and and again in the evening, which is more than most people take care of their own home. There is no need to add to that.