ALL the INFO (in table form) on EXPERIENCES, MSC CLUB, SERVICE CHARGES etc. etc

Skier52

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :cool:

We can't thank you and Pete enough!!!! :)

I heard back from Jeff Herzfeld who is in charge of consumer sales at MSC. He told me that there is no air-transfer-hotel-cruise packages right now but that could always change in the future. I'm sorry Cathy!!!! It was a great deal last year when MSC was running that offer and I was hoping they would have offered that same package again this year,,,:(:(:(

I heard back from Jeff Herzfeld who is in charge of consumer sales at MSC. He told me that there is no air-transfer-hotel-cruise packages right now but that could always change in the future. I'm sorry Cathy!!!! It was a great deal last year when MSC was running that offer and I was hoping they would have offered that same package again this year,,,:(:(:(

Although the answer wasn't what we were hoping for, we (DH & I) sincerely appreciate your effort to inquire on our behalf. We are hopeful that MSC will institute international air fare booking assistance in the future. Without it, embarking/disembarking overseas is not doable for us. :(

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Pete,

I am nervously trying to book my 26th cruise on MSC Divina. Looking for 3 balcony rooms, possibly connecting. Was thinking of 11084, 11086, and 11088. Any info about these rooms? Do they have plexiglass balconies? Or, was considering 3 aft balconies if we could get them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all your help on this thread. I love reading it!

Marylou

I have just here from a friend that has recently come back that she has been charged a fee on her credit card for exchange, this is a BOA card in $ , she was told that they process all cards outside of the USA, so some cards do get a fee unless you have a card that has no foreign transactions fee even though the cruise and money were all $'s, is this correct, as you can see new to MSC so have not heard of this before

I have just here from a friend that has recently come back that she has been charged a fee on her credit card for exchange, this is a BOA card in $ , she was told that they process all cards outside of the USA, so some cards do get a fee unless you have a card that has no foreign transactions fee even though the cruise and money were all $'s, is this correct, as you can see new to MSC so have not heard of this before

MSC uses a bank in France so be sure to check that your credit card company does not charge a foreign transaction fee,,:D

Hello Pete,

I am nervously trying to book my 26th cruise on MSC Divina. Looking for 3 balcony rooms, possibly connecting. Was thinking of 11084, 11086, and 11088. Any info about these rooms? Do they have plexiglass balconies? Or, was considering 3 aft balconies if we could get them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all your help on this thread. I love reading it!

Marylou

All 3 cabins are the standard size of 192 sq. ft. (168 sq. ft. living area , 24 sq. ft. bathroom), and 11086/11088 have an interconnecting door.

However the balconies, all plexiglass, are very different in size:-

11084 balcony is 124 sq. ft.

11086 balcony is 78 sq. ft.

11088 balcony is the standard 42 sq. ft.

The views from all the balconies will be limited by the forward hump wall, particularly 11084 which will have no forward view at all; 11086 may have a very limited view forward and 11088 will also be very limited ( about 45 degrees of forward field of view ). As they are on deck 11 there should be very little effect from the deck 14 overhang in terms of shading out the sun.

You can have the balconies connected by opening the outer most portion of the divider (about 1.5 - 2 ft long. you can see the portion in the images below)

Fields of view

fields%20of%20view.jpg

Largest balcony will be similar to this

balconybiggestcorner.jpg

and the second largest similar to this

second%20from%20hunp.jpg

If you are considering aft cabins the largest balconies are on decks 10 and 11, next largest are deck 12.

The aft balconies on decks 9 and 8 are standard size

Deck 13 are to be avoided as they are minute and now called Juliet balconies (unless you get a very good price for them)

Deck 13 aft balcony

P1020631.jpg

My personal view would be to have three balconies on the stern, on deck 10 or 11 or if they weren't available deck 12, in preference to the three you have listed. But then I think stern cabins are great , but they are a long, long way from all the amenities , so mobility issues might be a factor

hope this is useful

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Thank you so much Pete. I'm asked my TA to look at other rooms and now we have 9101, 9105 and 9107. No obstructed views, so I think this will be good.

The views will certainly be better. It's a shame you can't 9103 instead of 9101 as you'd have three balconies you could connect together and one pair of interconnected rooms, well you've got the pair of interconnected rooms already 9105/9107.

Ask your TA to look out for 9103 being cancelled and then get them to change 9101 for 9103.

Pete

Was this for a Caribbean cruise, or a European cruise?

Great idea for a thread! What's the difference between the £20 and £34 drinks packages? What couldn't I get using the £20 package?

The drinks in the £20 package are

Unlimited consumption of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, including a wide range of drinks and cocktails from the bar list, a dedicated selection of wines by the glass, draught beer, an extensive selection of sodas, fruit juices and classic hot beverages (coffee espresso, cappuccino…) as well as takeaway ice cream in a cone or cup.

The following items are not included in this offer: cigars, cigarettes, champagne, premium brands, mini bar, water in your cabin, room service, souvenir glasses and all food on payment. Some of the drinks from our bar and wine lists are excluded from Allegrissimo package; those items are indicated with an asterisk.

The drinks included in the package can be consumed in all bars and restaurants, including the speciality restaurants and themed venues.

The drinks in the £34 package are

Unlimited consumption of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, including a wide range of classic and premium cocktails, champagne cocktails, a rich selection of fine wines by the glass, draught and bottled beer, sodas, mineral water, classic hot beverages (coffee espresso, cappuccino…), special coffees, chocolate-based specialties, premium spirits including top-shelf selection, drinks from your minibar as well as delights from the ‘Gelateria’ menu, Pastry Shop delicacies and food from the Room Service menu.

The following items are not included in this offer: cigars, cigarettes, bottles of wine, sparkling wine and champagne, souvenir glasses and drinks served in souvenir glasses, all food consumptions in the speciality restaurants.

The drinks included in the package can be consumed in all bars and restaurants, including the speciality restaurants and themed venues.

I've Highlighted what you get extra for your extra £14 per day

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

What a great thread. We have booked our first MSC cruise after 25+ cruises on Carnival and Princess. Booked a Yacht Club interior on the new Meraviglia in Oct of 2018 . I still can't believe the great price for all the amazing perks. Hoping the air assistance package is reinstated--airfare to and from Milan (cruise leaves from Genoa) will probably be more than the cruise. Thanks. I will keep reading!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I booked a cruise using a BOA.:confused:

Will I be charged a fee after the fact?

If it's for onboard purchases, is payment of Gratuities (service charge) considered onboard purchases? How much is this fee?

If it's for onboard purchases, is payment of Gratuities (service charge) considered onboard purchases? How much is this fee?

The fees (if any) are only for your onboard account. So if you have not pre-paid your gratuities, they will be part of your onboard account. The fee is NOT charged by MSC. It is charged by your bank. You will need to call them to see if the credit card you will be using to pay for your onboard account has foreign transaction fees attached to it.

Bret

• 1 month later...
Anyone have experience with "black status" and the "best category upgrade"

I'm not sure what it means when it says "based on experience and room type"

Thanks for any clarification.

"Best category upgrade" is no longer a perk for any member it was dropped at the time the perks were downgraded just prior to "Status Match " being launched.

see post #104 of this thread fo the current perks

Pete

Edited by Skier52

The drinks in the £20 package are

The drinks in the £34 package are

I've Highlighted what you get extra for your extra £14 per day

Pete

Hi Pete,

With regards the quoted prices, are these for Med Cruises?

We are cruising on the Divina next July from Miami and have been quoted £34 for the standard Allegrissimo Package which is a near 50% jump.

Thanks

Hi Pete,

We are cruising on the Divina next July from Miami and have been quoted £34 for the standard Allegrissimo Package which is a near 50% jump.

Thanks

The drinks packages are named differently in the US/Caribbean. Allegrissimo is called More-for-Less. It's the same drinks package but a lot more expensive! :rolleyes: It's E26 in the Med and $44 across the pond.

Edited by Beamafar

Hi Pete,

Thanks

The prices quoted for MSC Grand voyages, Mediterranean, Northern Europe, Cuba, Caribbean, Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Oman. South America

as per the UK 2017/2018 brochure

The £20pppn is called the All-inclusive restaurant and bar drinks package on the 1st set

1st set of sailings; for sailings in Grand voyages, med, N. Europe, Cuba, Caribbean Ab Dhabi and Oman

it is called All-inclusive Classic drinks package (same prices) on the 2nd set

2nd set of sailings: for sailings in Grand voyages, Caribbean and S. America

(for Grand voyages and Caribbean cruises I think it depends on which direction you are going, W to E or E to W, and for Carib. sailings whether the hope ports are on the US mainland as to which set of sailings it is called; 1st or 2nd

the £34 pppn is called either All inclusive premium deluxe package on the 1st set of sailings

and the All inclusive deluxe drinks package on the second set of sailings.

Pete