"LIVE" from MSC Divina - May 28, 2016

Radio

I returned from Italy two days ago in business class on Delta Airlines. I ordered a chicken dish closely resembling cacciatore, served with yellow polenta. It was absolutely delicious and at least the equal of anything I ate in Le Muse on Divina.

American Airlines served good food also in First Class. . . I was a little to nervous to really enjoy it though. At least it was a short flight.

Radio

;);)

I would say maybe 50% wore jackets, and most wore ties. . . There were a few men who decided that a T-shirt or baseball cap would be appropriate.

Radio

;);)

My husband said you just gave him the perfect answer. ;)

Mark, I know your cruise is over, but for me it is just beginning! End of the year recitals and concerts kept me from following along but I am on page 2 this morning and plan to read the whole thing. I am as excited for your trip as you were on May 28th! :)

My husband and I are booked on the Divina (our very first cruise, ever!) on July 5, and cannot wait to see everything you have to say about the ship and your experiences. Thanks for taking us along with you.

I am on the July 5th sailing as well. If you haven't already, pop over to our roll call and chime in :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2237793

Michelle

I was able to connect 4 devices to my Internet Package. . . (I used 2 Smartphones and a laptop)

The original cost was $52 for the Streamer Pkg (1.5GB), and I was able to add 500MB for an additional $16. . . I added that several times.

Radio

;);)

Streamer Internet Pkg

V8.jpg

Edited by Radio

There were often many items for sale out on the Pool deck (Deck 14) during Sea days. . .

Radio

Items from the Photo shop

P6.jpg

The fragrance items were popular

P7.jpg

Passengers were buying boxes of Eataly products

P8.jpg

There were a lot of MSC and port of call Souvenirs

P27.jpg

Jewelry, tobacco, and watches were set up early

P52.JPG

Specialty drinks were being sold on the pool deck in the evenings

P81.jpg

Edited by Radio

There are many passengers that don’t really care for the tender rides (including me) but the tender into Georgetown, Grand Cayman wasn’t too bad. . .

The ride over was very short (5 min) The rain was coming down hard on the tender ride back to Divina . . .

Here are a few pics. . .

Radio

It’s time to go ashore

DD6.jpg

My tenders is filled up with passengers

DD3.jpg

The morning started with sunny skies

DD2.jpg

It’s time to head back . . . in the rain

DD7.jpg

The crew is ready to secure the tender

DD4.jpg

Heading back

https://vimeo.com/171560265

Edited by Radio

Good Morning Radio.........funny, but it doesn't matter what ship or what line, when I see your threads I'm always "tuning in".......thank you once again for an awesome "trip"........Divina sounds like a great ship.....

My husband and I enjoy dancing. Is there good dancing music on board. No so much ball room dancing and definitely not teenage music, but songs like Boogie Shoes, Blurred Lines, Follow Me, Celebration, etc....... We like to cha cha, east coast swing, shag, etc.....when reading the posts it seems like there was a lot of music.......just wondering what kind of music.

As always, thank you in advance for your response!

Good Morning Radio.........funny, but it doesn't matter what ship or what line, when I see your threads I'm always "tuning in".......thank you once again for an awesome "trip"........Divina sounds like a great ship.....

My husband and I enjoy dancing. Is there good dancing music on board. No so much ball room dancing and definitely not teenage music, but songs like Boogie Shoes, Blurred Lines, Follow Me, Celebration, etc....... We like to cha cha, east coast swing, shag, etc.....when reading the posts it seems like there was a lot of music.......just wondering what kind of music.

As always, thank you in advance for your response!

Thanks for the nice comments. . . There was LIVE music offered in many lounges on board. I often saw many passengers who loved dancing as you do.

See my MSC Daily posts for all of the times and venues. They can be found HERE

Thanks again. . .

Radio

;);)

Edited by Radio

I loved the Nutella® Crepes that were offered on the Pool Deck during Sea days. . . They were very tasty ;)

Radio

;);)

Nutella at Sea MSC Divina

[YOUTUBE]nbqjWv50o5U[/YOUTUBE]

I loved the Nutella® Crepes that were offered on the Pool Deck during Sea days. . . They were very tasty ;)

Radio

;);)

Nutella at Sea MSC Divina

[YOUTUBE]nbqjWv50o5U[/YOUTUBE]

MMMmmmm Nutella! As many times as I've been on Divina, I've yet to try these crepes. I really must make a point to try them on my upcoming trip! Thanks for the great review/posts. Really enjoying reading as I prepare for my upcoming cruise! :)

My wife, myself and our 8 yr old son will be boarding The Divina on Tues 7/5 for a 4 night cruise to Cozumel. Our last cruise was on the Disney Dream 2 summers ago so will be interesting to compare the do. Many years ago we did our first cruise together as a married couple on a cruise on Carnival out of NOLA and had such a horrible experience that we didn't try cruising against until almost 12 years later!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by BiloxiBeachDude

My wife, myself and our 8 yr old son will be boarding The Divina on Tues 7/5 for a 4 night cruise to Cozumel. Our last cruise was on the Disney Dream 2 summers ago so will be interesting to compare the do. Many years ago we did our first cruise together as a married couple on a cruise on Carnival out of NOLA and had such a horrible experience that we didn't try cruising against until almost 12 years later!!

LOL After we tried NCL my DH made a staement - good it's not our first cruise or I would never cruise again. :p

My husband and I are on that same cruise! :)

Thank you Radio! Your response was very encouraging! I will look at the Daily posts that you gave me the link to!! Have a great day!

Thanks for the nice comments. . . There was LIVE music offered in many lounges on board. I often saw many passengers who loved dancing as you do.

See my MSC Daily posts for all of the times and venues. They can be found HERE

Thanks again. . .

Radio

;);)

Hello everyone . . . I am happy to see that many people have been reading this “LIVE” since I have been back for 3 weeks. Here are a few more pics from my sailing. . .

Radio

I liked the Segafredo® coffee tree in Caffe’ Italia on Deck 7

W1.jpg

You could activate your room charges to your credit card.

W5.jpg

There was a different Drink of the Day offered all week . . .

W4.jpg

Made to order Omelets were prepared daily

W7.jpg

White Night drinks on the Pool Deck

W6.jpg

MSC Divina in Ocho Rios

W3.jpg

First, what a wonderful review, Radio. We will be trying MSC for spring break next year, and are looking forward to it even more after seeing your photos and reading about your experiences.

Second, a quick question. I saw the photos of The Disaronno bar, which you mention is aft and looks to be outside. As a newbie to MSC and Divina, I was wondering if you could tell me what deck that bar is on and whether it is near a buffet. On our cruise this spring, we made a habit of getting lunch and/or snacks at the buffet on Celebrity Summit and then taking them out and enjoying them (and some drinks) at a table at the bar area at the aft of the ship. Not a huge deal if we can't do something similar on Divina, but would like to know in advance.

Thanks!

First, what a wonderful review, Radio. We will be trying MSC for spring break next year, and are looking forward to it even more after seeing your photos and reading about your experiences.

Second, a quick question. I saw the photos of The Disaronno bar, which you mention is aft and looks to be outside. As a newbie to MSC and Divina, I was wondering if you could tell me what deck that bar is on and whether it is near a buffet. On our cruise this spring, we made a habit of getting lunch and/or snacks at the buffet on Celebrity Summit and then taking them out and enjoying them (and some drinks) at a table at the bar area at the aft of the ship. Not a huge deal if we can't do something similar on Divina, but would like to know in advance.

Thanks!

The Garden Bar (Disaronno Bar) is located on deck 15 port side aft near the infinity pool. There are tables situated around the area but no food service. The buffet is located one deck below on deck 14.:)

efe8537156252e7c8adc7615d057e1a8.jpg

The Garden Bar (Disaronno Bar) is located on deck 15 port side aft near the infinity pool. There are tables situated around the area but no food service. The buffet is located one deck below on deck 14.:)

efe8537156252e7c8adc7615d057e1a8.jpg

Thanks so much for your help! One flight isn't much of an inconvenience for anyone in our group, so we may be able to head up to the Garden Bar area to enjoy our lunch with some fresh air.

When I sailed Divina, I loved Chankanaab Marine Park in Cozumel . . .

Radio

;);)

Chankanaab Marine Park

[YOUTUBE]xav7GdG5Gfk[/YOUTUBE]

Radio,

Thanks so much for your revue, pictures, and videos! We are following along avidly since we will be on Divina in January.

Could you please tell me if they serve water (free tap water) in the MDR during dinner? Some people here have said they do not, but I'm not sure if that is only in Europe.

Thanks in advance!

Barbara

Radio,

Thanks so much for your revue, pictures, and videos! We are following along avidly since we will be on Divina in January.

Could you please tell me if they serve water (free tap water) in the MDR during dinner? Some people here have said they do not, but I'm not sure if that is only in Europe.

Thanks in advance!

Barbara

They do serve water in the MDR. . . I didn't have to ask for it.

Radio

;);)