Included beverages on holland america

dimiegirl

all non-bottled water, milk, coffee and tea are free

coffee and tea are available in the lido 24/7 and through room service as well

for breakfast in both the lido and dining room besides water, milk, coffee, tea -- there is a large selection of juices including freshly squeezed orange juice -- in the dining room you can also get espresso, capuccino and lattes

for lunch -- again coffee, teas, milk, iced tea -- you can ask for juices in the lido -- in the dining room -- same as breakfast as well as iced tea

for dinner -- the usual coffee, milk, tea and iced tea in the lido -- dining room -- same as breakfast and lunch

Coffee, tea, juice, are all included at breakfast.

Lemonade, fruit punch, iced tea, coffee, are included at lunch and dinner.

In the main dining room, Capuccino, and lattes are also complimentary.

Basically you will have to pay for bottled water, soda and alcoholic beverages.

Therr are, of course, several parties during the week (Captain's welcome aboard party etc.) where alcoholic beverages are also complimentary.

I've crusied many times but new to HAL.

I've read posts about a beverage package but cant seem to see any details on HAL website.

We are due to sail on Eurodam in June from the UK to the Baltic, appreciate if anyone has any ideas if any such packages exists and where to find prices - again so we can budget.

Thanks

First there are the beverage cards:

$50.00 Beverage Card cost $45.00

$50.00 Non-Alcoholic Beverage Card cost $45.00

$100.00 Beverage Card cost $90.00

$50.00 Soda Card cost $25.00

The soda card costs $25 but has a face value of $50. Each time you buy a soda with it $2.24 ($1.95 + 15%) is deducted from the value. $50/$2.24 = 22 cans, with $0.72 left over. You can use that $0.72 with $1.52 on your room key card (or another soda card) to get another can.

Then if you go to hal's site and log in -- go your reservation -- then go to "indulgences" -- lots of wine and alcohol packages listed there

First there are the beverage cards:

$50.00 Beverage Card cost $45.00

$50.00 Non-Alcoholic Beverage Card cost $45.00

$100.00 Beverage Card cost $90.00

$50.00 Soda Card cost $25.00

The soda card costs $25 but has a face value of $50. Each time you buy a soda with it $2.24 ($1.95 + 15%) is deducted from the value. $50/$2.24 = 22 cans, with $0.72 left over. You can use that $0.72 with $1.52 on your room key card (or another soda card) to get another can.

Then if you go to hal's site and log in -- go your reservation -- then go to "indulgences" -- lots of wine and alcohol packages listed there

BRILLIANT - Thanks....... Much appreciated...

There is also a selection of herbal teas available in the main dining room in the evening. I've never asked for them at any other time of day, but I'm sure they're available.

there is a good selection of regular teas and herbal teas available for breakfast, lunch and dinner in the dining room as well as the lido 24/7

Something I would like to add....When people ask what is included we always answer juices in the Lido in the morning but something that is never mentioned is how extensive the offerings really are. The past 2 years I may it a point to check out other cruise lines and I have to say this is really another area that HAL shines. Even Celebrity does not offer anything nearly as extensive as HAL as for what is offered with juices.

232323232%7Ffp%3A%3B4%3Enu%3D3237%3E%3A73%3E676%3EWSNRCG%3D3473%3B575%3B4339nu0mrj

Unfortunately this was late in the morning and it was not full but it is quite amazing of what is offered compare to other cruise lines.

As already mentioned, milk is included at all meals and room service. Sometimes it is a bit hidden, I mean in the Lido buffet, so do not be afraid to ask for it. At dinner, you also have to ask, and they often are a bit slow to get it.

As a big milk drinker, I sure am happy we do not have to pay extra for it.

DaveOKC

As already mentioned, milk is included at all meals and room service. Sometimes it is a bit hidden, I mean in the Lido buffet, so do not be afraid to ask for it. At dinner, you also have to ask, and they often are a bit slow to get it.

As a big milk drinker, I sure am happy we do not have to pay extra for it.

DaveOKC

Dave, as you can see in the picture above Milk is easily

accessible in the Lido in the same case as the juices with Whole, 2% and Non fat :)

As already mentioned, milk is included at all meals and room service. Sometimes it is a bit hidden, I mean in the Lido buffet, so do not be afraid to ask for it.

I've never seen milk out at lunchtime on the S- and R-class ships. However, if you ask at the sandwich counter it should be available. That's the only place I've been able to get it on those ships.

Are lemonaide and fruit punch only available in the main dining room or in the Lido as well?

We don't drink iced tea and it would be nice to have lemonaide during the day.

This seems to vary by ship. We have been on HA where there was always lemonade and/or punch in some of the dispensers in the LIdo (open all day). We have been on others where there was lemonade, but it was kept in some pitchers at the waiter stations (in the Lido). If you do not see lemonade just ask any of the staff. When we are sitting on deck or in one of the lounges (during the day) DW or I will often make a "drink run" to the Lido to get lemonade or ice tea. If you are a water drinker (we find it amusing that folks now pay more for bottled water then gasoline) you can ask for ice water at any bar.

Hank

Are lemonaide and fruit punch only available in the main dining room or in the Lido as well?

We don't drink iced tea and it would be nice to have lemonaide during the day.

There is usually lemonade or fruit punch on the Lido deck

Therr are, of course, several parties during the week (Captain's welcome aboard party etc.) where alcoholic beverages are also complimentary.

good to know, any other event with a free drink by any chance?

There has not been lemonade on any of our HAL cruises or else it has been well hidden. We cruise mostly on R and S class ships and about half our cruises have to to cooler climates. We have no trouble getting milk for breakfast in the lido. Our success getting it at other times has varied. Some cruises it is very easy and others very difficult to get milk for lunch or dinner in the lido. Our attempts in the MDR have been mostly unsuccessful.

good to know, any other event with a free drink by any chance?

I just got off the Oosterdam today, and there was free champagne at the captain's greeting as well as at the art auctions and special events at the high end jewelry shop.

There has not been lemonade on any of our HAL cruises or else it has been well hidden. We cruise mostly on R and S class ships and about half our cruises have to to cooler climates. We have no trouble getting milk for breakfast in the lido. Our success getting it at other times has varied. Some cruises it is very easy and others very difficult to get milk for lunch or dinner in the lido. Our attempts in the MDR have been mostly unsuccessful.

On the O we could generally get milk by asking at the ice cream counter at the Lido. lemonade rotated through the drink dispensers, alternating randomly with fruit punch.

Maybe the Vista ships have lemonade or fruit punch; we haven't been on one for 6 years. We have never seen any dispensers or containers with either beverage on an R or S class ship. I recall them coming around with lemonade one afternoon on one cruise.

Yes, I know milk is usually obtained by asking at the ice cream area in the lido. Some cruises we ask and it's handed to us promptly. On other cruises we ask and either wait a long time or are told they don't have it. If they do bring it, it often isn't the fat free we've requested. That is probably our only complaint in the lido.

I just got off the Oosterdam today, and there was free champagne at the captain's greeting as well as at the art auctions and special events at the high end jewelry shop.

I am glad to hear that there are art auctions, I had not seen them listed in the daily program that someone was kind enough to post here and I really enjoy art auctions and have purchased a few pieces through my previous cruises (it's fun to discover new artists and to see the work of better-knowned ones). You make my day!

Dave, as you can see in the picture above Milk is easily

accessible in the Lido in the same case as the juices with Whole, 2% and Non fat :)

I saw the milk in the picture, but on the smaller ships I have never seen it displayed and you have to ask for it.

DaveOKC

Something I would like to add....When people ask what is included we always answer juices in the Lido in the morning but something that is never mentioned is how extensive the offerings really are. The past 2 years I may it a point to check out other cruise lines and I have to say this is really another area that HAL shines. Even Celebrity does not offer anything nearly as extensive as HAL as for what is offered with juices.

232323232%7Ffp%3A%3B4%3Enu%3D3237%3E%3A73%3E676%3EWSNRCG%3D3473%3B575%3B4339nu0mrj

Unfortunately this was late in the morning and it was not full but it is quite amazing of what is offered compare to other cruise lines.

This looks great. Is it available on Zandaam, & if so where (just in the Lido?) & when (just in the morning?)? This is our first HAL cruise.

I HATE the fact that many cruise lines force you to either pay for a spur of the moment thirsty spell or opt for that awful lemonade dispenser.

We will have soft drink cards but do not want to consume soft drinks regularly if at all possible.

Would love to have this option whenever that thirst kicks in.

This case or something similiar is found on all of the HAL ships. And there will be one on each side of the Lido Starboard and Port.

Yes the Zaandam will have something similiar and just in the morning in the Lido.

The other thing that is nice is the Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice is also available at no extra charge.

Just something as simple as being offered this many juices was something I took for granted when we cruised HAL so often and did not cruise other cruiselines. it was not till we checked out several different cruise lines that we realized how many things we love about HAL and when we returned just few weeks ago it was just one of those things that I had to take a picture of because it really is special. No other cruise line that we have been on offers this.

Archived