B2B. Questions?

Redtravel

Thinking about doing b2b on legend or pride? ports are all different. Do the 2 cruises repeat the same menus? How is the turn over day handled? I did a b2b on another line. We had to assemble in the lounge waiting for everyone leaving to get off the ship. After that we did a new checkin, etc. staying in same cabin is best. However, should I need to move, how is it done? I hope not to pack up .everything. If you have done a b2b on windstar, tell me about it? Also, is thete any discount for booking a b2b?

We did a b2b on Windsurf in May and it was very smooth. Not your ship but I imagine it to be the same.

We were able to stay in the same room and we opted to stay on ship during the transition day but could have gone into town. We just picked up our new key cards at reception. The menu had some repeats (BBQ, desserts, etc.) but still had many choices. We only repeated a steak option at Candles.

I have been on the Windsurf. Most recent cruise was in July. Great ship with excellent staff. Loved the food. I can understand repeating the steak at Candles. It is outstanding. Thanks for your comments. This will be my first time doing a b2b on Windstar. It sounds like an easy change. Did you get any special extras as a b2b guest? Some cruise lines do a nice lunch, tour, or give you some free laundry as a perk.

We did a B2B on the Surf. Booked the same cabin for both cruises. Not having to pack and unpack again was awesome. Our changeover day was in Venice, so we were the first off and out (we didn't have to wait for luggage so they let us go) and spent the day in Venice. We got back on the ship about an hour before sail away. We asked when we would need to be back and came back about 20 minutes before that time.

They re-keyed our room cards and we stopped to put away our stuff then went to muster.

We did have a different room steward the second leg, apparently on Windstar they rotate them between sections each week.

He menus did repeat but there was enough choice that you didn't have the same thing twice unless you wanted it. You can always get a grilled chicken breast with vegetables, even if it isn't on the menu that night as an FYI.

The menus are preplanned. If you look closely there's a code on it to tell them which day to use it on. There may also be specials.

I've been told that on a b2b you can skip muster. True?

I don't know if it was an option, we certainly weren't proactively given the option and didn't think to ask. They do it in the lounge, everyone is seated, no life jackets on, quite civilized. I want to think at least one of the musters we had a glass of wine in our hand. The ships photographer was our crew person, and he was super funny and made the time fly.

I'm sorry but why would they allow you to miss muster? It's a safety issue and they have to account for everyone. What would you be doing during that time anyway? I can't imagine you'd be allowed to miss it. And it is pretty painless compared to other lines.

Sounds like an easy change. I will try to book in the same cabin. Having been on Windstar previously, I expect them to make the transition easy. Thanks for the info about the same menus. Since the 2 cruises are going to different ports, I hope to see local specials. In July, on the Windsurf, we were in The Baltic. In Norway, the chef bought local salmon which he orepared many ways. All were excellent. Best fish ever. In Germany, they added a vast variety of local sausages to their deck bbq. Looking forward to 15 days on either star Pride or Star Legend. Both do the same routes. Any preferences as to which ship or type of cabin that we should book?

I'm sorry but why would they allow you to miss muster? It's a safety issue and they have to account for everyone. What would you be doing during that time anyway? I can't imagine you'd be allowed to miss it. And it is pretty painless compared to other lines.

Because you went through it when you boarded ship 7 days earlier, and are in the same cabin? Same route, same muster station... I know that on our last itin. I heard the muster staff cross people off since they were b2b-ers.

They did repeat the menus on the B2B we did with you (Redtravel) this summer. We stayed on for the Baltic. The menus are repeated, but there were so many choices, it was not a problem for us. And the Chef always had a nightly special which often was different from the first cruise.

Based on our experiences on the Breeze and Legend, there are no "bad cabins" on those ships. The rooms are fantastic - we always have booked the lowest category. So much room!!! Love the walk-closets and large bathrooms!

Pam

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Pam: Thanks for your response. My travel agent wrote the booking as a 15 night cruise . He added OBC. It was not split for the 2 cruises. There is no mention of 2 separate bookings. We got all the discounts available for us. 5% repeat, 5% booking within 60 days of disembarking, 5% for booking consecutive cruises. It adds up to a nice discount along with the flash fares.

Did Windstar make you close your account on the 1st cruise and start fresh on the 2nd cruise?

Yes, we got all those nice discounts also! It certainly does add up! As far as the shipboard account - they do charge your card at the end of each cruise. We have done B2bs several times - and you get your bill on the last day of each cruise like everyone else:-). This year we just stayed on the ship in Stockholm on the turn-around day (other times we have gotten off), but it was actually wonderful staying on board. There were 10 of us hanging around and it was like we had our own private ship for a few hours:-). It is kind of an adjustment when the new group of people come on board. Each group seems to have their own personality and you have to get used to new people boarding "your ship":-). You do not have to check in again - your card from the first cruise will still work to get you back on board if you head out for the day. But you have to go to the main desk some time that day and they will give you a new card. It is all very simple!

Pam

Sent from my iPad using Forums

He said that we only get one booking number and they treat the 2 cruises as a single cruise. He also said that we could choose to get a bill at the end of each cruise or one bill at the end of the 2nd cruise. He gave us one lump of OBC. We usually like to buy the laundry package and hope to use it toward the entire cruise.

We are currently in Venice on changeover day aboard Pride.

It was handled very well. Our cruise card had the full 2 cruises on it so there would be no need to change them.

However, Windstar very kindly offered to upgrade us for the second cruise, so we moved to a balcony cabin this morning.

We had no problems getting off and on the ship during the changeover period.

We are converts to Windstar. Pride is a lovely ship. The service has been excellent and I would rate the food as very good. No complaints from us.

We did back to back and stayed on board during the transition. We were on the Breeze and felt like we were on our own private yacht. :D

The mention of purchasing another laundry package made me think of something. I purchased the minimum internet package and the minutes were good into the second leg. Lasted me until the end of our 16 day cruise. Nice surprise as I expected to have to purchase another package.

We are currently in Venice on changeover day aboard Pride.

It was handled very well. Our cruise card had the full 2 cruises on it so there would be no need to change them.

However, Windstar very kindly offered to upgrade us for the second cruise, so we moved to a balcony cabin this morning.

We had no problems getting off and on the ship during the changeover period.

We are converts to Windstar. Pride is a lovely ship. The service has been excellent and I would rate the food as very good. No complaints from us.

Cands,

Looking at your cruise history, with Seabourn Pride included, many of us would like your comments about the similarities and differences. And a b2b really gives you a good sampling.

So enjoy the next few days, and once you are home please start a new thread about your observations when you get a chance...along with a review please. Looking forward to your comments!