Spanish Serenade

madrone

We are planning on taking the Spanish Serenade Cruise in April of 2017. I would love to see some reports from CC members who have recently taken this voyage. I am anxious to hear about personally arranged side trips at any of the ports.

We were on the Spanish Serenade last July and loved it, other than the blazing heat - but that was not a surprise. April should be a lovely time to visit. We went on an 8 day cruise on the Star Breeze, our first time on one of the yachts. I do prefer the sailing ships, but loved the size of the rooms on the the Breeze. It was our first time to Spain and Portugal and we loved it. Be sure to book some extra time in Barcelona - what a great city!

We did several ship excursions, but did not book independent ones for this trip. We loved our tour of Gibraltor and had a fantastic tour guide for it. I highly recommend an organized tour for it. We also went to the Alhambra - a very expensive tour and somewhat disappointing for us. We had a great guide on the bus to Alhambra who provided lots of interesting info. Once at the Alhambra, we were turned over to their guides and we had one who was very difficult to understand and not very dynamic. We went on the chef's market tour and had a great time on that. It is free and is announced at some point during the week.

It's definitely a fun cruise and one that I would recommend.

Thanks! We have visited Barcelona before and loved it - we plan to spend a couple more days there before striking out to head to northern Spain for a few days following the cruise. Thanks for the tip about Alhambra. I think I would save visiting Alhambra for when we can spend a couple of days in Granada itself. The chef's market tour sounds very appealing. Again...thanks!

Sorry, I said the Chef's tour was free - I think there was a small cost associated with it, but they announced it in the daily activities flier the night before and it immediately filled up. I think it was in Malaga. I was waitlisted but asked the Chef if I could come along and he said yes.

• 4 weeks later...