Considering Windstar...vegan dining?

andrew2346

My brother and I are considering a Windstar cruise for my mother's 70's birthday. Will 3 of us be able to be in one stateroom and more importantly my brother is a vegan. Will the chef be able to prepare food for him? Will they have veggie burgers available at the barbecue etc? I want to make sure he eats well : )

thx

I can't answer your question about sleeping three in a cabin. However, my husband and I have sailed seven times with Windstar and are vegans. Be sure to let Windstar know that your brother is vegan well in advance of your sailing. Usually the chef will come out to talk with you about your special diet on the day of embarkation. They offered us a separate vegan menu every day. Our last cruise on the Star Breeze had an Indian chef who created incredible vegan meals for us.

Three in a room on motor yacht works. No way i would do it on sailing ship. The new single supplements look very reasonable. Why not spring for Mom's own cabin if you can.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Three adults in a standard cabin on the Surf? Nope. No way. That's torture. No privacy for anyone, and you'd be falling all over each other constantly. They are fine for a couple, but I just can't imagine three adults trying to share one of those rooms.

Three in a room on motor yacht works. No way i would do it on sailing ship. The new single supplements look very reasonable. Why not spring for Mom's own cabin if you can.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Agree completely. Would NEVER put 3 people in a standard cabin on any of the sailing ships. The powered ships are a different situation.