Parking

5soccer9

We will be sailing on the Dream in September. Where is the best place to park? I would like to park as close to the ship. I have looked on line but not sure which one is the best. Thanks.

It depends on your desires. You can park in the terminal lot--cost is quite high (I think $20 per day) This is the closest, covered, guarded, and expensive.

You can park at a private lot like Park and Cruise. They are nearby and have a shuttle to the port. Normal cost is about $6.99, there are sometimes on line sales. You DO need to reserve in advance. It is fenced, lighted, and guarded. Never heard of any problems.

Many area hotels have parking--either paid and available to all or free with a hotel stay. Most have shuttles to the port--some free, some paid. These vary in quality/security.

It depends on your desires. You can park in the terminal lot--cost is quite high (I think $20 per day) This is the closest' date=' covered, guarded, and expensive.

You can park at a private lot like Park and Cruise. They are nearby and have a shuttle to the port. Normal cost is about $6.99, there are sometimes on line sales. You DO need to reserve in advance. It is fenced, lighted, and guarded. Never heard of any problems.

Many area hotels have parking--either paid and available to all or free with a hotel stay. Most have shuttles to the port--some free, some paid. These vary in quality/security.[/quote']

Thank you. Is the one at the port called terminal 8. Is that the one right at the port?

We've used Park n Cruise before for 7 nighters and they were alright. Nothing fancy but we did have to wait for a second shuttle bus when we got off which took about 20 minutes. Not a huge deal but...... This time we're doing a 3 night cruise so the $60 is worth it to me.

Many of the hotels in the area let you leave your car in their lot if you stay with them one night before. Just a thought.

The $60 is worth every penny. When you arrive try and park on level three and there is a cross walk right to the embarkation terminal. A sixty second walk. Plus if you want to do the "leave on your own" at say 7am on disembarkation your car is right there - no waiting for a shuttle or taxi.

We're on the same cruise 5soccer9 (remembered you from the roll call)! Parking at the terminal is currently listed for $75 ($15 per day). I'm not sure when the new $16 per day increase is happening?

We're parking at the port but will be using a 40% discount from staying at a nearby hotel for the night before. Here's the list of hotels with that option if that's something you'd want to consider.

http://www.portcanaveral.com/PortCanaveral/media/Cruise-Assets/Parking-Voucher-Program_6.pdf

We're on the same cruise 5soccer9 (remembered you from the roll call)! Parking at the terminal is currently listed for $75 ($15 per day). I'm not sure when the new $16 per day increase is happening?

We're parking at the port but will be using a 40% discount from staying at a nearby hotel for the night before. Here's the list of hotels with that option if that's something you'd want to consider.

http://www.portcanaveral.com/PortCanaveral/media/Cruise-Assets/Parking-Voucher-Program_6.pdf

Hello there. We are already booked at Disney the night before. Had we thought about it we could have stayed close to the port the night before. We thought we would like to be close to ship so we can get off and get on the road. We are going to spend that Friday in the park. Really looking forward to this cruise and getting away. Thanks again for the information.

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on how many people you have, goportcanaveral.com is free to park but $5 per person to take the shuttle. Of course, that would be $10 round trip. For the 3 of us, it cost us $30 for a 7 day cruise. Thats 2 days at the port. Much cheaper

The $60 is worth every penny. When you arrive try and park on level three and there is a cross walk right to the embarkation terminal. A sixty second walk. Plus if you want to do the "leave on your own" at say 7am on disembarkation your car is right there - no waiting for a shuttle or taxi.

Now that is very good to know; thanks.

We just got back from a 3 day dream cruise (which by the way was a lot of fun!). I went back and forth on the parking. You can definitely find cheaper off site parking but the reviews were mixed. Some times people had no trouble getting a shuttle to/from the boat while other times people waited up to an hour. In the end, I decided to pay the higher price and park at the garage right next to the Dream. It was $20 per day but I knew I wouldn't have to worry about getting picked up or being delayed while trying to get to the airport. I am glad I did! We walked right off the boat and were in our car within minutes.

Completely agree.

The time that terminal parking makes the most difference is on the way home. Your car is right there waiting for you. No shuttles, no waiting, no anything. But you pay greatly for that convenience if you are on a longer cruise. You can help this if you are able to get one of the 40% off hotel coupons.

Otherwise, there are some good off-site places like Park and Cruise.

I think it just depends on what is more important to you. Time or money. I don't mind waiting on a shuttle and talking about the cruise with those who just got off. I do mind paying an extra $50 that I could have used toward my next Disney Cruise haha.

Almost all the "choices" that one can make involving DCL comes down to a matter of time/convenience vs. money. They question is typically how much money is it worth for X time or to avoid Y inconvenience.

Examples--parking off site vs. terminal parking

DCL transfers vs. other modes of transportation to port

DCL excursion vs. same excursion privately

Staying at the Hyatt MCO vs. an off site hotel

and if you really push it, a concierge cabin (not suite) on the Dream/Fantasy vs. a standard cabin.

Edited by moki'smommy

Depending on how many people you have, goportcanaveral.com is free to park but $5 per person to take the shuttle. Of course, that would be $10 round trip. For the 3 of us, it cost us $30 for a 7 day cruise. Thats 2 days at the port. Much cheaper

i just posted about them in the other thread. Just to add on to yours, on their "large vehicle" lot they actually have a shuttle to pick up those who have express or early VIP boarding, for $12 per person round trip and up to 15 days of parking

https://www.goportcanaveral.com/services/cruise-parking.php

Edited by gorgotron