Connect@Sea packages for Dream Bahama Cruise

Cwags

Does anyone have the current packages for Connect@Sea for the Dream? We have 4 adults going and it appears you can share a plan. But, the only places you can check email, texts is the Cove Cafe and Vista Cafe? Thanks for your help.

Does anyone have the current packages for Connect@Sea for the Dream? We have 4 adults going and it appears you can share a plan. But, the only places you can check email, texts is the Cove Cafe and Vista Cafe? Thanks for your help.

No, there is WiFi coverage throughout the ship including in the cabins, although you are going to find some dead spaces. Yes, you can share a plan with multiple devices. Plans range from $19 for 100 Mb of data to $89 for 1000 Mb. On the 7-day cruises you can usually get 50 Mb free if you sign up on the first day. I'm not sure if they offer that on the shorter cruises or not.

OP has lots of wrong info. Wifi is available everywhere. The shorter cruises also have 50mb free on day 1. I have read that this is available to each person in the cabin, but have never tried this myself. 50 mb. may well last you the entire cruise depending on what you do In any event, it will let you figure out how much more you need based on how long this lasted.

BE SURE that all data eating apps are turned off on your devices.

Yes, you can share a plan....but if each person can sign up for 50 mb free....you may not need to buy a plan.You MUST sign up before midnight on day 1 to get this.

OP has lots of wrong info. Wifi is available everywhere. The shorter cruises also have 50mb free on day 1. I have read that this is available to each person in the cabin' date=' but have never tried this myself. 50 mb. may well last you the entire cruise depending on what you do In any event, it will let you figure out how much more you need based on how long this lasted.

BE SURE that all data eating apps are turned off on your devices.

Yes, you can share a plan....but if each person can sign up for 50 mb free....you may not need to buy a plan.You MUST sign up before midnight on day 1 to get this.[/quote']

Very good advice. One time on a recent cruise, partner thought he was still on regular internet but was charged over $900 for ships internet. Not cool. They denied his request for a resolution. It was not Disney but watch out. :mad:

Very good advice. One time on a recent cruise, partner thought he was still on regular internet but was charged over $900 for ships internet. Not cool. They denied his request for a resolution. It was not Disney but watch out. :mad:

Charges that large would suggest he was connected to the Cellular at Sea network--which is used by DCL and most cruise lines--instead of the ship's WiFi. I guess I would call both of them "ship's Internet" but they are clearly very different.

One uses the onboard cellular network which typically runs $2.99 per minute for voice calls and charges by the Kb for data usage. The other uses the onboard WiFi network and on DCL is charged by the amount of data used; either bought in blocks at discounted rates or pay as you go. The former will be dramatically more expensive, as you learned the hard way.