Bergen-Kirkenes-Bergen: Which excursions return to a different port?

GeezerCouple

Is there any easy way to tell which excursions return to meet the ship at a subsequent port?

If so, can one determine *which* "next port" that would be?

This could make a difference, obviously, if one wanted to "see something specific" in a port that might get skipped by an excursion.

But could this also cause one excursion from one port to interfere with a possible excursion from the next (or any subsequent) port?

Thank you.

If you look at the ports schedule, and specific excursion description, you can usually figure this out. Of the excursions I took, only one left from one port and returned to another, and that was the southbound Breakfast at the North Cape, but there are several others. I don't know of any where it is not the next port of call.

Can't speak to this, as I went in the spring when Geiranger fjord was not included in our stops, but from looking on the Hurtigruten website, it appears that this tour leaves the ship in Geiranger (northbound only), and rejoins in Molde, and the Alesund is still included as the stop there occurs prior to going into Geiranger. It would appear though that you would not have any actual free time in Alesund though, and the stop in Alesund on the southbound trip is very brief (and at night).

Edited by Splinter

I've been wondering about this too. For example, it seems that if you do the full-day Geiranger fjord excursion, that returns to Molde (I believe), you miss Alesund completely?

The only way to see Alesund on the Northbound trip is to get off the ship in the morning, spend the whole day in Alesund, and reboard the ship in the evening when it makes a brief stop after leaving the Gerianger fjord. If you take the full day Gerianger excursion, you will meet the ship at a later stop.

I've been wondering about this too. For example, it seems that if you do the full-day Geiranger fjord excursion, that returns to Molde (I believe), you miss Alesund completely?

The only way to see Alesund is to get off the ship in the morning when it stops in Alesund and spend the whole day in the town, rejoining the ship when it stops briefly in Alesund. The main problem with this is that you miss the beautiful scenery of the Gerianger. The full day excursion rejoins the ship in Molde.

The only way to see Alesund is to get off the ship in the morning when it stops in Alesund and spend the whole day in the town, rejoining the ship when it stops briefly in Alesund. The main problem with this is that you miss the beautiful scenery of the Gerianger. The full day excursion rejoins the ship in Molde.

Oh boy, what a choice! Alesund is nice, I've been there. But Geiranger isn't to be missed!