***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

Yes, got them zapped right then, one spot is on the kinda flare at the side of my nose. It has a blister on it now where that stuff was put on it. The other spot just off the top of my nose on the same side just looks a little red, hope she got enough on that spot.

Did I tell you I started packing up some of Bill's clothes. I can only do a little at a time, seems when all his stuff is gone it will be final so holding on still for a while to some things.

Supposed to go tomorrow night to that same theater I went to on Friday night. This time to see a Garth Brooks tribute artist. On the weekend they have a Michael Jackson tribute artist but I'm not going to that one.

How does your foot feel, better I hope.

Sharon

Sharon, it is really up in the air today if we get our games in or not. It looks like the rain will move in around 4 or 5. Depending on how much rain we will get will depend on if Bill will call the games or not. If we get too much rain the courts turn into an ice skating rink with them being too slippery.

Well that will be good to go to another show again. Do you think that they will give out dove bars once again? I have not heard of that show, but then again I do not go to any shows.

At least you are staying on top of your skin condition. You may be in some discomfort for awhile, but at least everything is being watched and taken care of right.

I know what you are going through with Bill's cloths. It is a process and 1 that is difficult, but also 1 that has to be taken care of sometime. I had to have my kids come over to help me do that when my husband passed. But a much different situation than yours. My husband was very abusive to me. He died of cancer. Bill has been a God sent. We may not always agree, but we are a perfect match and get along very well. He is mild and even keel. He does not get very angry and stays calm most if not most of the time. He is my rock. Piece,

Kathy

The way you feel about your Bill is the way I felt about my Bill. Always loving, smiling and happy very even tempered, compared to me. That's why its such a loss.

I went to the tribute show tonight with my friend from zumba. She was really into "Garth" and sang along with every song. We had front row seats so it was great. He kinda looked like him and sang like him. He did all the songs Garth is famous for. We got a picture with him after the show. At intermission they were talking about the show that is going to be on the weekend. The Michael Jackson tribute, my friend said can you go with me to that? So I said sure, she bought the tickets and wouldn't let me pay her for mine. So we are going on Sunday night, even though I hadn't planned on going. They give cookies and bottled water before the start of each show and Dove bars at the end of each show.

It started to rain here about 5 or 5:30, but it just rained for a little bit and stopped. Later tonight it was sprinkling again, around 9:30. I'm thinking you might have gotten your game in depending on how fast it was moving by you. Gotta keep that "hot" streak going.

Sharon

Sharon, Bill was a bit upset with himself. As he called the games around 4:50 as it rained for 1/2 hour straight and then stopped for the rest of the night. He felt that we could have gotten all of the games in. Oh well, it is what it is.

Yes, just like you, I am the one who gets all crazy. Bill stays calm and helps to clam me down. I get upset over the most simplest things, and he just looks at me and shakes his head. He is a very mellow fellow.

Well that sounds good in going to the performance last night. I know you did not want to go to the MJ performance, but since your friend asked you to go with her, it was good that you will be going with her. I most likely would not have wanted to go either, but having a friend who wants you to go with, you really cannot refuse.

So it really did not rain enough around here. It was showing all around us, but it just tracked away from us and we did not get anything today either. So now we have 3 rainout's and next week is the last of the regular season. So 4 games left to play and I hope we do not get any mer rainout's.

Kathy

We had quite a rain shower today right around noon. Been pretty clear since then.

Yes the MJ show will be okay since they are having laser lights and stuff. I know a few of his songs but not a lot.

Too bad you didn't get the game in, sounds like here, rain and then quit, but you never know so you use your best judgement.

Not going to WW tomorrow, have been eating very bad and don't want to weigh in!

With all the fresh fruits and veggies now you would think it would be easier.

20953669_1779132385438213_8690996843136916407_n.jpg?oh=7ddbc23dc53dd0cfec6c4322ecb55dd6&oe=5A3734E5

Well it worked! This is a picture of me on the right, my friend Rena on the left and the Garth tribute guy in the middle. I don't think you have ever seen a picture of me so now you know who you are posting with!

Sharon

Sharon, I have only seen the picture in the CC site. Wow how lucky you both were to have your picture taken with him. Great picture and I am sure great time as well. So are you saying that was not Garth but a look-a-like? He sure looks like him.

Well it did not rain for us as expected it would. It all blew way south of us and we have not gotten any more rain since. Are you planning anything for the ellipse on Monday?

I can tell you this that I gained 1 pound at WW the other day, and I am not a happy camper just now.

Well we have a picnic to go to tomorrow afternoon with the guild we belong to at a members back yard place. Bill is the social chair and is required to attend and bring some supplies. So the weather should corporate as well.

Kathy

No he is just the tribute artist not the real Garth. But he did look and sound like him.

As you can see my hair is pretty white. I always colored it until about 3 years ago when I got a bad reaction, my head felt like it was on fire. So I quit and was surprised to see the colr it turned out to be, it was always blonde but not white.

I bought a pair of glasses to look at the eclipse, they say nasa approved so hope they are.

Should be a good day for a picnic, weather should cooperate. I'm going to my friends barn dance. She will have food and a band and a big bon fire after dark. This is the pet sitter friend up the road a bit.

I didn't go to WW, probably would have been up more than

you were. Going to try harder this week to eat right.

Sharon

Sharon, my hair is also white. I go and have it done every other week. I had bunco last night. The first time ever I was picked up. So in a few hours we will go to the picnic. Yes, it will be a nice day today.

That should be good for you today to go to the barn dance. I remember that you do this a few time each year.

Well he sure does look like Garth. So it looks like you all had a real good time. I have no idea what we will do for tomorrow. Getting ready for the ellipse on Monday.

Kathy

Yes there have been 2 each summer this is the last one this year. There was tons of food, everyone brought something and she had lots of stuff already. Like being at a buffet, but too much to even try each thing. The music was good and there were lots of people dancing. Several times different people would want me to get up and dance but I just wasn't feeling it so I didn't. I did talk to the same guy that was there last time. He again said he would be back in a couple of weeks to do some work I asked him to do. He is nice to talk to so I did enjoy that. My mail carrier gal was there, she just retired so guess that is why my mail has been getting here late all last week. I am the first stop on the route so that means everyone else's mail got there late also. Then I found out her husband is in real estate and is the one who had our house listed when we bought it. He asked if we were still here.

Got church tomorrow and then tomorrow night Michael Jackson. It's been a good busy weekend.

Isn't it nice not to have to color your hair about every six weeks, that's what I like most about it.

Also nice to get picked up once in awhile, I am usually the furthest one away so I don't get picked up often either.

Sharon

Sharon, I do not know if you color your own hair or have someone else do it. I go and have my hair done and my nails as well.

Temps around here today in the 80's and no rain until Tuesday. Today is the last day for the Air & Water Show. Tomorrow is the Eclipse.

So it sounds like last night was nothing but fun with plenty to eat. At the picnic we went to that was also a lot to eat. We left around 7:30 or 8. That group will stay into the wee hours of the morning. Not us.

So you should have a nice time at the MJ tribute tonight. At least you will have someone to go with, and I think she wants you there so she does not have to go alone. Enjoy.

I know the feeling about the mail. When our regular carrier is off, ours is very late as well. Usually we can set our watch to when it will be delivered.

Enjoy and have a great day today.

Kathy

No I don't color my hair at all anymore, just wash and curl it a little, some natural curl so it stays pretty good. I cut my own too, for a while till I get it pretty out of shape. Then I go and get it cut at a beauty shop.

Was lazy this morning and didn't even go to church. So it has seemed like a long day today. Glad I have something to do tonight.

My knee has been bothering me today, I really don't want to have anything done to it and worried that sooner or later might have to have a knee replacement. That would be hard being by myself. Also since I favor my right knee quite a bit, my left hip has started to hurt also.

Got a couple of windows in the kitchen washed. Did them yesterday but they looked so bad when the sun shined through them, had to do them today again.

Sharon

Sharon, I was lazy this morning as well and slept it later than I usually do. Kind over overcast all day, and it looked like rain, but we never got any at this point.

What do you think happened to your knee and your hip that you think that you might have to have replacement surgery? You may have to have your inserts adjusted as that can cause much pain in your body. I had the very same while in Seattle and once I got home and had them adjusted I have felt much better.

Also go to the drug store and pick up this roll on called Bio freeze. You roll it on your knee or other parts of your body that is in pain and it really helps to relieve the pain.

Well I hope that you enjoy the MJ tribute tonight. I will be interested to hear all about it. Have fun and enjoy,

Kathy

I have bio freeze and do use it on my knee. I don't know what I did to it over the weekend but sure was stiff again this morning. I went to zumba anyway and after moving around for an hour it loosened up and felt better. I read somewhere the osteoarthritis treatment is moving so maybe that's what it is. Anyway don't want a replacement so hope it gets better. I don't have orthotics but they might help if I did. What doctor did you get them through?

I enjoyed the MJ concert, I don't think he sounded too much like him but he had the make-up, the hair, the costumes, the dance moves and the songs so it was pretty good. He said he also does Prince and the last song he did was Purple Rain and all the lights on stage were purple.

There was too much clouds today to see the eclipse, but afterwards the sun came out. I was cutting grass all afternoon and when the moon went in front of the sun I could feel the drop in temperature. I had the glasses to wear but didn't need to use them.

Sharon

Sharon, I got my inserts from my foot Dr. He makes a cast just like anyone would make a cast. He molds the cast around your foot and then sends the cast to make your inserts. Everyone past the age of 50 should have inserts that mole to you foot. Just being a little off in you stance can greatly affect your body and the inserts helps to keep you in proper balance.

It is always good for our body to keep it moving with regular exercise. So good that you are keeping up with the Zumba. Swimming is another great exercise as well. Unless you are with the NASA program the only place on this planet where you will have zero gravity is in a pool.

All in all it sounds like you had a great experience last night at the MJ tribute. Hard to believe how these performers do what they do to act and look like the persons who they are acting like.

We had a break in the clouds where we could get a glimpse of the eclipse. I am told that in 7 years the next eclipse will go right though our state and we will get 100% darkness. I did not have the glasses, but the bank across the street from my work had them and were passing them around the parking lot and that is how I was able to view it.

Kathy

I should probably find a good foot doctor to go to, those inserts might be just the thing I need. Last week at the Barn Dance I met a gal who had been in charge of the food pantry in town until just lately. She still volunteers there and asked me to come on Tuesday to help distribute the food. So I went today and ended up standing from 1 to 5 pm. My back was hurting and my legs were tired from just standing and not moving around much. I did enjoy it though and she is real nice. She is also into the "setting me up" with someone. The guy they, her and my pet sitter, had mentioned before didn't sound like someone I'd like to meet. Seems he is still in mourning for his wife and is now on anti depressants. I still have bad days too so I don't think that would be a good combination.

Didn't go to zumba today, the Tuesday teacher/leader is not that great so kinda good I have something else to do now.

Sharon

Sharon, tonight is the last game for bocce for the regular season. Then after tonight we start the 3 rainout's games that were canceled due to the weather.

I can tell you this, when we were in Seattle we did a lot of walking and I was in a great deal of pain. Once we got home e and went to the Dr, he adjusted my inserts and I have been doing much better. Plus the shot has helped a great deal as I let things go way too long. Standing for long periods of time is also not very good for your back.

Yes, I can see that you have to be careful when meeting someone. These people may think that they have your best interest. But you are the only one who can decide what is best for you.

Today another day in the 70's and no rain in the forecast until next week. Bill started back to work this morning. No more staying up late as he has to get up at 6:30 now.

Kathy

It was pretty darn cool tonight. But at least it didn't rain. I did my zumba class this morning then rode my bike this afternoon for about 5 miles. Tonight went to see the girls. Next Wed night we will meet at the fair.

Talked to my sister, she had some blood work done and now they have scheduled a PET scan for Friday. Hope it turns out okay, I would be worried but she doesn't seem to be.

Heard today also a friend was riding on a motorcycle with her husband, they were "T-boned" by a car. Both are in intensive care fighting for their lives. Things can happen so sudden!

Hope you had good luck tonight and the next 3 make-up games!

Sharon

Sharon, it has been a crazy day around here with a crazy person. Did I tell you that I had to come back here on Sunday. The jerk set off the alarm and the security people called me and I had to go back and shut it off. He was in another building and did not have a clue to the alarm sounding.

Temps here today in the 70's. Around 1 we got about a 5 minute shower that really did not amount to anything. I wore a jacket last night as we had the last game at 8.

So you are not going to believe this. Bill got real, sick last night, but stayed anyway and played. That may have been 1 of the problems. We played the 8th place team, and we got slaughtered 16-1. I guess everyone can have a bad day. So now we have 3 losses and we went from first place to second. That was the last game of the regular season. So next week starts the 3 rain outs.

Wow that does not sound good at all getting T-Boned on a MC. If they do survive they may have long term injuries. I will add them to my prayer list. You are absolutely right about how precious life is, as anyone of us could be snuffed out in an instant. Life can be too short.

Bill had our driveway seal coated this morning. We have it done every 2 years. I am sure you heard about that pickup truck that ran a stop sign around here and this man's entire family was killed. The wife and 3 young kids and an unborn baby. She was driving them to bible class.

Kathy

I did hear about that accident with the mom and 3 kids were killed. So very sad! Wonder how much time in jail that guy will get that hit them.

No you didn't tell me about the alarm going off, always something he's doing isn't it

Too bad about the loss but maybe the next 3 games you will climb back up into first. Hope Bill is feeling better.

I just got back from a bike ride, did it yesterday and now today. Trying to get my leg strength built up so I can get up the 3 hills better. I barely make it now, have thoughts of getting off and walking the bike up the hill but that would admit defeat. Had to have a light jacket on, it was cool.

I got some super sweet yellow sweet corn on Tuesday, usually get the bicolored. Had an ear last night and it was soooo sweet, delicious. I had the other ear tonight but earlier in the day stopped and bought a dozen. I am going to blanch them for a couple of minutes, cool them and then cut the kernels off the cob and freeze it. Will be very good come winter to pull out a bag of ultra sweet corn!

I'm going to WW tomorrow morning, and it won't be pretty. I think I am up about 2 pounds or so, ugh!

Sharon

Sharon, Bill was still not where he should have been yesterday I have no idea on how he is doing today. Did I tell you he is back to work. Summer vacation is all over.

It is good that you are getting out and about with ridding your bike. I bought a bike at a garage sale. I had Bill lower the seat to its lowest position and I cannot still get my feet on the ground. I am just over 5 feet, so we will have to go to the bike store and see if they have a smaller bike for me.

Yes, in the evening it is jacket weather for this week. Temps around here in the 70's. But we should consider us lucky with what the golf area will be getting with all of the rain from the hurricane.

Sharon, lets keep an open and positive mind today that you will loose and not gain. Good luck,

Kathy

The positive thinking didn't work, up 1.8, ugh! The topic of the meeting was journaling, of which I don't really do. Guess I better start and then I might actually lose a few pounds. There is this one gal, older than I am I think, and she got her 50 # loss as of today. What's even worse is she started only about a week or two before me.

I am 5'3" and my bike has funny bars going down. Not as bad as a boys bike but I have to stop and get off because otherwise I would have to lift my leg up really high to clear them. I wish they went down further like the old schwinn I had. Almost fell last night trying to get off, caught my foot on the bar because I didn't come to a complete stop to get off.

That hurricane sounds pretty bad, hope it doesn't do a lot of damage. Already heard that the price of gas will go up since the refineries are there. Depending on how bad they are hit the price could vary from 5 to 10 cents up to 25 cents. Funny because you know there is plenty of gas already stored, no reason to immediately go up.

Got a guy coming tomorrow afternoon to finally look at my side door frame that needs to be replaced. Not to fix it yet just to see what needs to be done.

Tomorrow morning got a birthday/zumba/pool party to go to for my zumba instructor at her house. Think it will be to cool for the pool but should be fun otherwise.

Sharon

Sharon, so sorry to hear about the gain at WW. I am going to go myself in a short while and then do some shopping. Tonight we are going to a pizza place in a few towns over from us as it is my # 1 daughter's birthday. So all of my kids are going as well as Bill's son and GS.

Around here and I am sure it will be the same up your way as far as the temps. It will be in the 70's. So a nice day for a picnic but maybe it will be too cool to go into the pool. Anyway enjoy the day.

Sometime soon we will have to get to the bike shop to see if they can fit me with a bile that fits me. The 2" shorter from me to you is making a big difference as I cannot touch the ground.

I have been watching the news about that hurricane. For them to be getting almost 3 feet of rainfall is crazy. It will leave a lot of damage and I hope not much loss of life if any as a result.

I totally agree with you on how they will be jerking us all around with rising the gas prices due to oil refineries shutting down. They are just using an excuse about the hurricane to jack up the prices. We buy all of our gas in Indiana as the prices are 10 to 15 cents cheaper than in Illinois.

Kathy

I had a fun time at the party. There were 3 zumba instructors. And the alcohol and food that was brought, amazing. One gal brought a big container of margaritas, there was a chocolate wine, champagne, moscato and homemade cranberry wine. Now this party was from 10 am to noon. I left about 11:30 because I had Bill the carpenter coming at 1 to give me an estimate on repairing some wood and painting the south side of the house. After looking at the wood and measuring we came inside and had some coffee and talked. He is very interesting to talk to. He was telling me his dad had been a tax lawyer for quite some years but around 50+ went back to school and got a doctorate in archeology. He went on digs in Guatemala, Spain and other places. He had an office in the Field Museum. He stayed until about 4pm. Had a good afternoon.

Heard on TV there is a marathon tomorrow, is Bill involved with it?

Nice you are all getting together for the bday and pizza.

No plans for tomorrow, could either go to the show or cut grass again, its really growing.

Sharon

Sharon, Bill did not tell me anything about a marathon today. I know he is managing a water station next month on a 20 miler. He gets paid to do that.

Temps today once again in the 70's. I guess we could get a passing shower later on. It rained very lightly last night. Really nothing much though.

So it sounds like you had a good time at the birthday party. For us we went there at 4 and we got home around 6:30. There were a total of 13, and we were one of the first groups to get there. The place really got crowded later on.

I have no idea what we will be doing today. I may do some yard work or just maybe relax and enjoy the day.

Kathy

It was raining this morning so cutting the grass was out. Second option going to the movies worked out good. Saw Wind River, was based on a true incident, enjoyed it.

It wasn't a marathon but a triathlon, also just saw a driver hit two people participating in it! So Bill probably wasn't involved it in anyway.

Got a 30% from Kohls, stopped there after the movie but couldn't find anything I really wanted to buy!

Ready to spend a quiet night at home tonight. Tired!

Sharon