BYOB..A few questions?

smithp7

Hi Everyone, My husband and I will be sailing on our first Viking Ocean cruise October 4th in a V2 cabin and I have a couple questions in regard to bringing our own liquor on board. My husband is not a wine drinker and he prefers a gin and tonic as his drink of choice. I plan on bringing a bottle of gin for him in our suitcase. Should I bring the tonic too or can he get glasses of tonic free of charge? I also would like to buy some nice wine for myself in Venice and Croatia to have on board. Do I store the wine in our room and get a corkscrew or can I have it served with dinner? Just not sure how it works:) Thanks in advance! Pat

They will give you the small tonic bottle nips in your room if you ask them.

They will serve your wine to you in The Restaurant or World Cafe, etc. wherever you leave it. If you keep switching dining places, maybe leaving your wine in your room is easier; bring to dinner venue. They should also give you a corkscrew for your room if you ask.

I buy individual cocktails once on board as I don't even have one per day. Reasonable 8 euros or so for a gin & tonic at the bar or restaurant.

They will give you the small tonic bottle nips in your room if you ask them.

They will serve your wine to you in The Restaurant or World Cafe, etc. wherever you leave it. If you keep switching dining places, maybe leaving your wine in your room is easier; bring to dinner venue. They should also give you a corkscrew for your room if you ask.

I buy individual cocktails once on board as I don't even have one per day. Reasonable 8 euros or so for a gin & tonic at the bar or restaurant.

Two bottles of Schweppes tonic is standard supply in the mini-bar. In a V category stateroom, you will have to pay for refills (in DV and higher they will be restocked daily). Unopened cans of soda can be taken from lunch or dinner but I don't know if the same goes for bottles of tonic. If you are buying wine on shore, you can probably buy Schweppes as well.

There is a corkscrew in the mini-bar.

Shipboard currency on Viking Oceans is US dollars not euros and bar prices include a 15% gratuity.

enhance

• 2 months later...
Thanks for the responses. We'll either bring the gin and tonic or my husband will be okay with some wine and beer. Thanks again. Pat

Depending on your embarkation point, you may be able to purchase duty free as you board. In Barcelona, you need to walk by the duty free as you go up the escalator to the ship. Note there were some hours they were not open but you are there’s day and a half before shoving off.

Depending on your embarkation point, you may be able to purchase duty free as you board. In Barcelona, you need to walk by the duty free as you go up the escalator to the ship. Note there were some hours they were not open but you are there’s day and a half before shoving off.

Not all of the terminals on Moll Addossat have a duty free shop. For instance, Terminal C did not have any shops (or if they did, they were not open at all the whole 10 days that we were berthed there). There were shops in Terminal B but I can't say if there was a duty free shop among them because I wasn't looking for one.

You can buy wine and liquor in the El Corte Ingles on Plaza Catalunya (at the far end of La Rambla; in the basement) or along La Rambla in either La Boqueria market or in the Carrefours Supermarket. All of these locations are marked on Google Maps.