QM2 - 2016 Blue Note Jazz at Sea dress code

Ed342

Cunard's 'corporate Facebook' page is rather interesting today. We get the impression they are trying to reassure us that formality is still the cornerstone of their Brand.

Some interesting comments from a couple of posters who were not too impressed with one or two things on that Jazz cruise. ;)

We were on the 29th October cruise, and did not see any "dressing down" in the evenings. And as said an extra formal night was added. Although we are not Jazz fans we had a great time. The music was not to our taste but the interviews with the musicians were informative and enjoyable. They mixed well with the passengers and came over as very nice people.

I think most passengers dressed as they normally would for Cunard.

Not too sure I'd fully agree with you there lodge ;)

I too was on the Jazz cruise , whilst I agree, many seasoned Cunard guests did make an effort in the evenings. The issue I had (and many others had) was with those who chose not to conform to the evening dress code, yet were permitted to enjoy all venues each evening where Blue Note were performing.

Usually these guests would have been directed to use the Winter Garden,however for this voyage , bar crew members in all venues (especially the Chart Room) had been given strict instructions not to challenge any guest re the evenings dress code. This set a precedent for each evening and a good percentage of guests used it as an excuse not to bother with the suggested evening dress code.

I expect, the relaxing of the dress code for this particular voyage was put in place to appeal to the family, friends and those who were travelling with the Blue note performers.

The additional formal evening was actually listed as 'Formal-Optional'

:)

Edited by Bell Boy

I have to agree with Bell Boy. My dinner table was near the main entrance of the Britannia dining room and I had a ring-side seat for diners entering. They definitely did not adhere to the dress code.

I remained on board the following week and there was a noticeable return to the usual dress code.