Will lunch be available once boarded

Redchad

The Grills restaurants are open from 1pm - 2pm or 2.30pm
But if you're booked in second seating (Britannia) knowledge of that fact isn't much help.
and the Lido/King's Court is always open for various meals and snacks.
Some people report being served lunch in the Golden Lion but we've never had that work out for us. It might not be available in certain turnover ports or we may have arrived too late.

It is worth adding that it is unlikely that lunch will be available in the Golden Lion. I know there are exceptions and that QV and QE may be different but generally on QM2 on busy turnaround days in Southampton, New York and Hamburg they do not serve lunch in the GL. This comment is based on recent experience of all 3 ports.

The King's Court will be open early afternoon as has been indicated previously.

Enjoy your first cruise!

M-AR

Kings Court is on deck 7, if you will be on the QM2. You didn't mention which ship. There are four different food stations in King's Court. Look around before making your choices.

Your first voyage and on Cunard! Have a wonderful time!

Kings Court is on deck 7, if you will be on the QM2. You didn't mention which ship. There are four different food stations in King's Court. Look around before making your choices.

Your first voyage and on Cunard! Have a wonderful time!

Jimmy has said it all. On QV and QE its called Lido deck 9

Promise you will never need to go hungry on any of the Qs :)

Edited by electra2008

Welcome to Cruise Critic, Redchad!

Since this will be your first cruise, also good for you to be aware there will be a lifeboat/safety drill in the late afternoon, after you board, before the ship sails.

DH and I typically visit our cabin to drop-off the hand-carries and put wallets etc in the safe, followed by a visit King's Court.

THEN, we do a little walk-around the ship, before the safety drill.

After that, you can position yourselves to watch the sail-away.

Hi probably a stupid question but it is my first cruise. We've been given a boarding time of early afternoon so will lunch be available as were booked onto the late dining.

Unless you're in the Grills(where a full menu is provided)you'll likely have to go to the buffet/Kings court.

Thanks everyone forgot to mention which boat it's the QM2 so looks like I won't have buy some butties whilst on the way down to Southampton lol.

I can't remember if butties are something that has been explained in earlier threads? If not, I would appreciate Toad (of Toad Hall) providing a definition and (please) a photograph.

If they look good, maybe Redchad should bring them along?

(I'm not sure why it is a ship and not a boat, but I accept this is the proper lingo. Ship-ahoy, matie! But, don't rock the boat)

Regards, Jimmybean

I can't remember if butties are something that has been explained in earlier threads? If not, I would appreciate Toad (of Toad Hall) providing a definition and (please) a photograph.

(I'm not sure why it is a ship and not a boat, but I accept this is the proper lingo. Ship-ahoy, matie! But, don't rock the boat)

Regards, Jimmybean

Among other distinctions, ships carry boats ;)

Regards, Jimmybean

Don't start the big butty debate! 😆

In some places a butty is just another word for a sandwich but in others (where i come from in NW England but not 50 miles away where my husband comes from) there is a distinction with a butty being made from folded rather than cut bread (ie you take a piece of bread, put on a piece of bacon or a sausage (or some chips) on one half and then fold it over to make the lid.)

You can put a boat on a ship but not a ship on a boat.

A ferry is a ferry.

A liner is not a ship.

Gosh. Wish I was on anything today as long as it was balmy:D

I think a liner or Ocean Liner IS a ship but a ship built to a certain specification.

Don't start the big butty debate! 😆

In some places a butty is just another word for a sandwich but in others (where i come from in NW England but not 50 miles away where my husband comes from) there is a distinction with a butty being made from folded rather than cut bread (ie you take a piece of bread, put on a piece of bacon or a sausage (or some chips) on one half and then fold it over to make the lid.)

Thank you, HelloKittysMum, for the explanation… Among other good things, cruise critic Cunard board is educational for me. No debate needed.

Jimmybean