Seadream I, 1-17-2015: First Timer Report

Cortesefam

Cortsefam,

We will be going on Seadream 2 for Valentine's Day...so excited! Cannot wait to visit Anguilla! were it was describes as paradise wrapped in blue!!. Now I am not sure if I want to golf there or just find a beach and take in the beauty?!

Love your reviews so far! Looking forward to hearing more!...

P.s. Sorry, my last post to you I posted the wrong name...

Kathy.

:::snip::: Cannot wait to visit Anguilla! were it was describes as paradise wrapped in blue!!. Now I am not sure if I want to golf there or just find a beach and take in the beauty. :::snip::;

Kathy.

Not Cortesfam but jumping in here to say Kathy, Shoal Bay East is a stunningly beautiful beach - don't miss it!

image.jpg.c7e2665c4a475b05c3babf9a5e5bbb32.jpg

Kathy, here's another view of Shoal Bay East (looking in the opposite direction).

Agree with having an ice cold beer while you lounge on this beach & it's a great place to take a nice dip as well. Enjoy!

image.jpg.edf427f7ef27abae4f0ef01b6acb423a.jpg

Edited by CDreamer

Ditto on Shoal Bay East! Gorgeous! Just be careful where you eat :D There is one restaurant that didn't treat some of us well -- as in seafood salad!

Vandrefalk

Yes, I almost mentioned this (several on our cruise were sick after eating at one of the restaurants on this beach) but it was years ago & may have been an isolated incident - who knows??

With this in mind though, it never hurts to read current reviews on any beach side restaurant and be a little careful about what you order. Or, better yet, just have a beer or two on the beach then enjoy a late lunch on SD! ;)

Yes, I almost mentioned this (several on our cruise were sick after eating at one of the restaurants on this beach) but it was years ago & may have been an isolated incident - who knows??

With this in mind though, it never hurts to read current reviews on any beach side restaurant and be a little careful about what you order. Or, better yet, just have a beer or two on the beach then enjoy a late lunch on SD! ;)

That's what I would suggest too. Why miss a SeaDream meal??:eek:

Ditto on Shoal Bay East! Gorgeous! Just be careful where you eat There is one restaurant that didn't treat some of us well -- as in seafood salad!

I. HATE. THAT. BEACH.

But I would go back there in a heartbeat. It is SO beautiful.

And agree that above incident could happen anywhere--starting in my kitchen.:eek:

Thanks all! 😃

Thanks also CDreamer for the pictures!

What a beautiful beach!! I like the beer idea!! And lunch on the boat after...but will certainly get on trip about possible restos. 18 more sleeps!! Staying at the Best a Western for two nights before boarding Seadream...it's not fancy but it's old school Caribbean! Something we love!!

Sorry for high jacking your thread Cortsefam! :eek:

Your review has got me drooling! Haha!

Kathy.

Kathy,

Don't put any non-refundable deposits on anything in Anguilla. If there is one stop that SD misses the most because of choppy seas, it has to be Anguilla. When we were supposed to stop there we had a gentleman on board who had arranged for a car and driver to meet him at the pier for golf. When they couldn't manage the tender and decided to go to the other side of the island, he had the concierge call the driver to change the arrangements. Hope he hadn't pre-paid because we ended up just going on to St. Barts. But if you are lucky enough to get there, remind Pierre that somebody wanted a rugby shirt. He'll know.

Zimmy's DH

Zimmy's,

Thank you for the info!

Danny and our friend planned on golfing also in Anguilla...should we keep it to last minute booking? Will pass on the message...

Kathy.

Golfing? They have golf? Never got off the beach to check. Sounds so "Caddyshack".:eek::D:D

Jim,

I take it, your not a golfer!? Haha!...there are so many wonderful and challenging courses in the Caribbean and a few great ones on our next voyage with Seadream in feb...I love golfing!! But I love discovering new beaches more! So I think I'll leave the golfing to Danny this time.

18 days!!! Seadream!!! Take me away!!!...

Golfing? They have golf? Never got off the beach to check. Sounds so "Caddyshack".:eek::D:D

Jim, you should ask Ho-hum for the best courses - he is an expert in sports and especially in golfing ... ;)

He spends an enormous time in visiting and testing the 19th hole of each course he went to. :D

Jim, you should ask Ho-hum for the best courses - he is an expert in sports and especially in golfing ... ;)

He spends an enormous time in visiting and testing the 19th hole of each course he went to. :D

Just where one would expect to find him.😃