First Time on SD

TexasDawg

My wife and I have booked a cruise on SD for April 4th in Caribbean. It is our first trip with SD, but we are not new to cruising. We figured we would try something different for our 10th anniversary. Any tips you guys could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Our stops are as follows:

Apr 04, 2015 San Juan, Puerto Rico 2 PM - 4 PM (Embarkation) Evening

Apr 05, 2015 Cruz Bay, St. John, U.S.V.I. Morning Evening

Apr 06, 2015 Gustavia, St. Barts, F.W.I. Morning Evening

Apr 07, 2015 Iles des Saintes, Guadeloupe, F.W.I. Morning Evening

Apr 08, 2015 Rodney Bay, Saint Lucia Morning Evening

Apr 09, 2015 Port Elizabeth, Bequia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines Morning Late Evening

Apr 10, 2015 Mayreau, St. Vincent and the Grenadines Morning Evening

Apr 11, 2015 Bridgetown, Barbados Morning 8 AM - 10 AM

Any suggestions about any of the ports would be helpful

Our cruise last year was almost identical.

St. Johns, we took a taxi to Honeymoon beach, all the beaches are really nice -- Trunk Bay is very popular. We also walked around the shops a bit.

St. Barts -- walked around shops -- Saline Beach/Nikki Beach

Iles des Saintes, Guadeloupe -- walked to the beach, it's unique lots of goats on the beach

In Bequiae we did the excursion to Mustique and loved it.

Saint Lucia -- I think we stayed on the ship. As you'll soon find out that's more fun than any of the ports!

I'm pretty sure you're going to love it. Have fun!

My wife and I have booked a cruise on SD for April 4th in Caribbean. It is our first trip with SD, but we are not new to cruising. We figured we would try something different for our 10th anniversary. Any tips you guys could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Our stops are as follows:

Apr 04, 2015 San Juan, Puerto Rico 2 PM - 4 PM (Embarkation) Evening

Apr 05, 2015 Cruz Bay, St. John, U.S.V.I. Morning Evening

Apr 06, 2015 Gustavia, St. Barts, F.W.I. Morning Evening

Apr 07, 2015 Iles des Saintes, Guadeloupe, F.W.I. Morning Evening

Apr 08, 2015 Rodney Bay, Saint Lucia Morning Evening

Apr 09, 2015 Port Elizabeth, Bequia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines Morning Late Evening

Apr 10, 2015 Mayreau, St. Vincent and the Grenadines Morning Evening

Apr 11, 2015 Bridgetown, Barbados Morning 8 AM - 10 AM

Any suggestions about any of the ports would be helpful

SeaDream will ruin you for most other cruises. St. Barts is a great walkabout place. You might end up at Cheeseburger in Paradise, a rustic type burger/beer joint which claims (among other places on other islands) to be the inspiration for Jimmy Buffett's song. Who knows but it was a pleasant couple of hours under the trees with cold Caribs and a burger. :D There are worse things you could do......Just ask Ho-Hum.:eek:

Texasdawg,

Looks like a terrific itinerary!

As a matter of fact we just disembarked yesturday from Seadream2.

We rented a car in St.Barts, spent the whole day just exploring the Island.

Had a great lunch at Taiwana resort. Drinks at Eden Rock. Both places are awesome!

But you will be stopping at my most beloved Island of Love, Simply Beautiful!!

St.Lucia.

There are many things to do in St. Lucia! Depends on your tastes!?

Zip lining, sailing, muddy jeeping, easy or hard hiking trails, there's a spectacular Mamiku gardens, drive through live volcano in Soufrier with the mud baths.

Since you have the full day, my favorite thing to do is take a tour to the Pitons and have lunch at Dasheens restaurant in Ladera resort...the view. High up between the Pitons is simply breath taking!!

If you would preffer to stay closer to the Marina?

Then take a 15 minute taxi to Cap Maison resort and have lunch at either the cliff or the Naked fisherman either one, you are in for a treat!

If you rather languish on a beach then go to Reduit beach right in Rodney Bay and eat at Spinnekers.

Kathy. 😀

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I were looking at booking this cruise as well. (Yes, we are last minute people.)

Question - Online it looks like they say that you can snorkel right off the ship. Has anyone tried that? I wasn't sure if it is worth booking excursions to go snorkeling if you can do so right off of the boat.

Question - Online it looks like they say that you can snorkel right off the ship. Has anyone tried that? I wasn't sure if it is worth booking excursions to go snorkeling if you can do so right off of the boat.

While of course you could swim off the yacht and could certainly physically snorkel, the ship is not generally docked over a reef. So I doubt that it would be good snorkeling if you want to see anything. But then again, we've never tried it. We have always taken the ship's snorkeling excursions, which are generally very good, and reasonably priced.

Thank You everyone for your responses. We are looking so forward to the trip. If anyone is going to be on our sailing be sure to stop by and say Hello. We will be the mid 30's couple by the pool everyday.

While of course you could swim off the yacht and could certainly physically snorkel, the ship is not generally docked over a reef. So I doubt that it would be good snorkeling if you want to see anything. But then again, we've never tried it. We have always taken the ship's snorkeling excursions, which are generally very good, and reasonably priced.

If we were docked over a reef Zimmy, we would probably be grounded !

We would'nt need to don a snorkel to see the underwater world, as the underwater world would come to us !

Haha

Oh boy keep 'em coming !