taxi from cruise port on Bora Bora

CHK

Anyone know what the land transportation options are on Bora Bora?

Thanks--Carolyn[/quote

When we were there last October, there was a mini bus offering rides along the coast to the beach for around $5 each way worked well for us.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for that!:) I actually have been researching rental cars, and it appears that the only place to get them will be at the airport in Bora Bora, so a taxi seems to be the best option, as you say. Someone did mention that there might be a "le truck" there, too with rides to the beach and Bloody Mary's. Any experience with those - and are the taxis air-conditioned? I would imagine not, but one can dream!!;)

Your research on rental cars is wrong. Across the street at the Vaitape dock there are cars

That's what I thought, too. But every time I try to book there, the sites tell me I can't, and to try another location. I may just try to do it over the phone. When did you see the cars there? We will be there April, 2016.

I have seen cars there the 8 times I have been there - every time since 2002. Last time was a year ago but I doubt it has changed. I can't remember if it's Avis or not. I Think it is. I wouldn't rent a car there anyway - do that on MOOREA. There just isn't enough on the island to justify the cost of a car. Take a tour of you want to see guns! That's my opinion and I am sticking with it. If it's a nice day go to the beach!