Key West scheduled to reopen 9/24

WhoKn0ws

Yeah, my parents rent a condo down there in November and the owner contacted them last week saying everything was good. Yes, there are going to be things to fix and clean up, but they are still set to go. As they said, they'll be more than willing to help boost the local economy!

Wow! We are supposed to go their the first week of October and just assumed the port would be skipped. Great news!

Same here I’ll be on the Victory that week, wasn’t expecting them to be open so soon. Nothing but good news.

Wow! We are supposed to go there the first week of October and just assumed the port would be skipped. Great news!
We were supposed to visit Key West on the 26th of this month on our upcoming cruise, but as of now - as far as I know - we still will not be visiting, per Carnival. I suppose it is possible it will be added back to our itinerary before we sail on Monday. Will be interesting to see if that happens or not. I had already assumed we would not be visiting Key West, even before Carnival notified me to make it official. I'm very surprised to hear it will be reopening on Sunday. I'm also pleased for the sake of the people of Key West, whether we get to visit or not on Wednesday. I hope many of the other ports now closed will be reopening in the coming weeks as well. Those folks need the income.