Are Snake Charmers only in Marrakesh, Morocco?

thenkengrene

We saw them in Marrakech. Didn't see snake charmers in Casablanca. Haven't been to Rabat. We saw the snake charmers in the downtown square area. I preferred everything in Marrakech over Casablanca, but we went to Marrakech on a land trip and Casablanca from a cruise ship. Those who made the trek to Marrakech while we stayed in Casablanca from the ship said it was a vey long, very tiring day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the response! I'm thinking I may need to go to Marrakesh. It does sound nice. I want to meet up with some friends in Casablanca. However, the tour is 11 hours and we are at port for 15 hours. Trying to contact MSC to find out if they know how much time is in port before and after the excursion. I'm not worried about a long day. Makes for good sleep at night!

I think you will enjoy Marrakech. We had a local guide that walked around town with us and I would hire a local guide again if we went.....but if you are taking the ship's tour you won't have to worry about that. The fresh squeezed juice in the square is delicious and we didn't get sick from trying it. The snake charmers were interesting.

• 1 year later...
On 7/21/2017 at 4:50 PM, Wayfairers said:

I think you will enjoy Marrakech. We had a local guide that walked around town with us and I would hire a local guide again if we went.....but if you are taking the ship's tour you won't have to worry about that. The fresh squeezed juice in the square is delicious and we didn't get sick from trying it. The snake charmers were interesting.

Do you possibly have the name and contact information for that local guide you used?

• 3 weeks later...