Carnival BREEZE 8/27 out of Galveston: Challenges with obtaining refund

High Seas Texan

Carnival cancelled our cruise due to Hurricane Harvey. I accept that, no one can control the weather. We were promised a full refund. Although many have received their refund, several of us have not, and are getting the run-a-round from the corporate office,with no satisfaction, and no refund. Today I filed a complaint with the Attorney General'sOffice of Florida.

FYI people, I think I have been more that reasonable regarding the STILL NOT RECEIVED refund here for our cancelled cruise:

XXXXXX XXXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting the Attorney General's Office regarding Refund Owed. Our staff will process it as soon as possible and, if necessary, respond appropriately. We appreciate hearing from concerned citizens such as yourself. If you wish to keep abreast of the activities of this office, you may wish to consider a subscription to our electronic newsletter Weekly Briefing. Or perhaps our Consumer Alerts. Should you wish to subscribe to either, or both, publications, please visit our subscription page.

The promise was 2-3 weeks and they are right about there and given Florida was hit with a hurricane in between I am not surprised there may be issues. I am sorry to you are. My PVP had everything done for me within 48 hours and I wouldn't trade him for the world - but it happened because I was proactive with him to get it done.

The promise was 2-3 weeks and they are right about there and given Florida was hit with a hurricane in between I am not surprised there may be issues. I am sorry to you are. My PVP had everything done for me within 48 hours and I wouldn't trade him for the world - but it happened because I was proactive with him to get it done.

I played by the rules. Gave them the three weeks. That has come and gone. What is really frustrating is :1) They have lied over and over, 2) Other people have received their refunds, but others have not, so the argument about the Hurricane Irma is moot. 3) I should not HAVE to keep on them bout this, it should have just been done.

I played by the rules. Gave them the three weeks. That has come and gone. What is really frustrating is :1) They have lied over and over, 2) Other people have received their refunds, but others have not, so the argument about the Hurricane Irma is moot. 3) I should not HAVE to keep on them bout this, it should have just been done.

NO offense, but....

I appreciate your frustration, and I would be a little upset too... BUT under the circumstances I think they and all others in that area dealing with issues deserve the benefit of the doubt. I spoke to my PVP two days ago and they have ALL hands on deck in the company working on getting everything straightened out for those impacted by the hurricanes. My PVP said he is doing work he has never done before including all other employees in other departments like the Excursion group, Fun Shop Group, etc. They ARE trying. There were a LOT of people impacted by this and it still continues (they posted like 6 more cruises cancelled today out through October).

They are facing a VERY big challenge and deserve some understanding. I am sure you are not the only one facing this and others are still waiting too.... but they are trying. It's not like they just said no sorry, you can't get your money back.

Sounds to me like you should maybe consider the fact that they are facing a huge challenge and may need a little more time.

NO offense, but....

I appreciate your frustration, and I would be a little upset too... BUT under the circumstances I think they and all others in that area dealing with issues deserve the benefit of the doubt. I spoke to my PVP two days ago and they have ALL hands on deck in the company working on getting everything straightened out for those impacted by the hurricanes. My PVP said he is doing work he has never done before including all other employees in other departments like the Excursion group, Fun Shop Group, etc. They ARE trying. There were a LOT of people impacted by this and it still continues (they posted like 6 more cruises cancelled today out through October).

They are facing a VERY big challenge and deserve some understanding. I am sure you are not the only one facing this and others are still waiting too.... but they are trying. It's not like they just said no sorry, you can't get your money back.

Sounds to me like you should maybe consider the fact that they are facing a huge challenge and may need a little more time.

Exactly....this is unlike anything the cruiselines have ever faced. So much destruction, delays, reroutes, cancellations. AND their offices were shut down due to IRMA for days.

GIve them a bit to straighten things out. They still have normal business to do, plus all the other catching up.

If you are so impatient..contact your credit card company with a dispute. You will get your money back...give these people a break for a bit.

Imagine all the screaming they have had to deal with...none of this is their fault and they are doing their best under a very stressful situation.

It could also be your Credit Card Company has not applied it to your account yet. I know one of my cards won't post credits for a few days after they get it to verify it was not fraudulent.

That being said, if you booked through a TA or PVP follow up with them. I am a TA and I know that when someone cancels with me, and I call it in to cancel it, I am told 3-5 days before it is processed and then 2-3 weeks for it to be refunded back to the original form of payment.