Sailing Sept 28 will be switched from Elation to Fascination

CruzinKittie

Anyone have any experience with the Fascination?? All the research I did was for Elation ;p They are giving us a $50 credit, which is great!

The Fascination was my first cruise ever in 2009. I loved it....got me hooked on cruising.

Not sure if it has had any updates since then, but I certainly loved it.

Very disappointed-- was looking forward to the Elation with the 2.0 Upgrades!! We planned this cruise to celebrate my mom's birthday and waited so we could celebrate on the Elation. Love the Sunshine and wanted all the same features. BUT-- any cruise is better than NO cruise!!! We will make the best of it!😎

Very disappointed-- was looking forward to the Elation with the 2.0 Upgrades!! We planned this cruise to celebrate my mom's birthday and waited so we could celebrate on the Elation. Love the Sunshine and wanted all the same features. BUT-- any cruise is better than NO cruise!!! We will make the best of it!😎

Same!! When is your mom's birthday? I'm going for my birthday too, Sept 27

Got it about an hour ago in my email:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

CARNIVAL ELATION - CHANGE OF SHIP

09/28/2017 AND 10/02/2017

September 22, 2017

Dear Carnival Elation Guest,

We know you must be looking forward to your vacation and want to inform you of an important change to your cruise.

As you may know, Carnival Elation has been in Grand Bahama Shipyard in Freeport this month undergoing her scheduled required maintenance. As a result of Hurricane Irma's track, the ship was forced to leave the shipyard for several days in order to ensure the safety of the vessel and our crew. This unexpected interruption means we are unable to complete our scheduled work in time for your cruise. However, we are able to make Carnival Fascination available to accommodate the above referenced cruises and your departure date and scheduled itinerary will remain the same.

Carnival Fascination is a sister ship to Carnival Elation and has similar accommodations, as well as most of the same public venues and amenities. More importantly, we guarantee an equal amount of Carnival FUN! To add to your enjoyment, we will be posting a $50, per stateroom, onboard credit to your Sail & Sign account.

Sit back and relax...we'll be doing all the work so there is no need to call. Affected sailings are now temporarily closed in the system as our team prepares to make the necessary changes. This means that neither you, nor our contact center, will be able to make modifications to your reservation until it has been moved over to Carnival Fascination.

We will do everything possible to match your current accommodations. Fly2Fun flights, transfers and other vacation components such as dining, pre-paid gratuities, Carnival Adventures, Fun Shop items and Spa reservations will be maintained on your booking.

We anticipate our work will be completed by Tuesday, September 26. A confirmation with your stateroom assignment will be sent to you as soon as we have finished.

We thank you for your understanding and patience as we work to finalize the transfer process.

We're looking forward to welcoming you aboard the beautiful Carnival Fascination for a FUN and memorable cruise!

I take it Fascination was supposed to go in to dry dock when Elation came out?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Fascination is the ship that sails from San Juan. It's bitter sweet that there will be an available ship to fill in while the Elation finishes her upgrades.

Very rarely do ships come out of dry dock fully done. In a way, this is a minor stroke of luck that you are getting a ship that will not still be under construction. I wonder if they can have the ship back for embarkation on the 28th?

Anyone have any experience with the Fascination?? All the research I did was for Elation ;p They are giving us a $50 credit, which is great!

There is nothing wrong with the Fascination. We have enjoyed all our cruises on her. I have a couple of reviews in my signature.

BTW, I love your attitude. Have a GREAT cruise!!! :cool:

Good attitude!!! Don't let the lack of a special burger, burritos, cucumber martini, or new cabin furniture ruin your good time!!! :)

Very rarely do ships come out of dry dock fully done. In a way, this is a minor stroke of luck that you are getting a ship that will not still be under construction. I wonder if they can have the ship back for embarkation on the 28th?

Exactly. I tell my friends to never book the first three cruises after a dry dock, especially an extensive one. Delays are inevitable, and may lead to cancellations or finishing up the work during the first few cruises. That is the reason we booked our upcoming Elation cruise AFTER our Magic B2B in October, and not BEFORE. :cool:

I have been on the Fascination a few times and love her....but she goes into dry dock in January 2018 so for me, I never choose a cruise that is going into dry dock within the next 10 months or so. I generally choose ships that went into dry dock within the past two years but I am sure the Fascination is clean, its just a thing for me.

I also will never choose a cruise right after dry dock I always would wait three weeks after dry dock because the chances of these things happen are great.