Likelihood of being reunited with lost property?

akmday10

Richard, I have attempted to post a comment on your blog, however not sure if it has worked. Let me know if I need to post it again.

Good morning Jane.

Your comment came through perfectly and I have now emailed you separately with regard to getting Elvis back home.

You will be glad to know we came back to our room to find Elvis tucked up in bed enjoying his late night chocolates!

Jane, thank you very much for finding Champ, you are a wonderful person! And Im glad he's enjoying those chocolates, they are one of his favourite things about cruising ;)

Richard, thank you so much for making this happen, could not have done it without you. I received your email so will reply shortly :)

Pepperrn After this cruise he will only be two away from Diamond member ;)

You will be glad to know we came back to our room to find Elvis tucked up in bed enjoying his late night chocolates!

Jane, thank you very much for finding Champ, you are a wonderful person! And Im glad he's enjoying those chocolates, they are one of his favourite things about cruising ;)

Richard, thank you so much for making this happen, could not have done it without you. I received your email so will reply shortly :)

Pepperrn After this cruise he will only be two away from Diamond member ;)

Last night's chocolate Champ Elvis...

26967567054_c294a3a1ac_z.jpg

What a great feel-good story! So glad Elvis was found and is enjoying himself.

I can throw a bit of light on Cunard's original response, because last year I almost got the job as Lost Property Officer at Carnival's Southampton office and they explained how the system works.

All the lost property from all the ships is sent to a central Lost Property Department (Southampton for Europe, don't know about elsewhere). If you report a stolen item and it's very valuable, like a diamond necklace or a watch, then they'll contact the ship's security and launch a search - but if it's not valuable then you have to wait until the items arrive at the Lost Property Department and are catalogued. I'm guessing that's why they said it would take three weeks.

It sounded like a reasonable system, they get such a lot of lost property that I could see they couldn't go investigating every single request individually - but I hadn't thought about the definition of "valuable"!

Yes that does make me feel a bit better, I just panicked yesterday and thought that I would never see him again, so many thanks to Richard and Jane.

Thanks for keeping me updated on what Champ is up too as well.

Edit: I would like to say happy birthday as well to you Jane, hope you have a lovely cruise

Edited by akmday10

If there was ever a need for a like button it should be now on this thread. 😄

I have been busy so had to recap on events, which I have to say have been amazing!

Well done, to Solent Richard for his quick action in in contacting his friend Jane. Plus a thank you to Jane for her efforts in finding Champ Elvis.

It is amazing what social media can do these days and anyone reading this forum and We Are Cunard Fanzine on Face Book and a couple of other FB forums will all have been waiting with baited breath from the safe return of a beloved friend. I know numerous cruisers who travel with their cuddles friends, including real live ones😉 Most people would be upset at leaving it behind so a happy ending here. Well done to all concerned and happy cruising in the future.

if there was ever a need for a like button it should be now on this thread. ��

i have been busy so had to recap on events, which i have to say have been amazing!

Well done, to solent richard for his quick action in in contacting his friend jane. Plus a thank you to jane for her efforts in finding champ elvis.

It is amazing what social media can do these days and anyone reading this forum and we are cunard fanzine on face book and a couple of other fb forums will all have been waiting with baited breath from the safe return of a beloved friend. I know numerous cruisers who travel with their cuddles friends, including real live ones�� most people would be upset at leaving it behind so a happy ending here. Well done to all concerned and happy cruising in the future.

Like.

Edited by Solent Richard

• 3 weeks later...

Would just like to update you all and to thank you for all you're lovely comments.

Champ has arrived home from his cruise and looks well rested.

Many thanks to Richard who got in contact with friends who were onboard at the time, and for keeping in contact with me.

Thank you to Jane and Norman who located Champ, looked after him for the 2 weeks and sent him back to me. You do not know what this means to me. Also, thank you for the lovely card and mints, very nice of you.

IMG_5526.jpg.1b4a61bcba39da5416320c0bec523b6d.jpg

Edited by akmday10

Would just like to update you all and to thank you for all you're lovely comments.

Champ has arrived home from his cruise and looks well rested.

Many thanks to Richard who got in contact with friends who were onboard at the time, and for keeping in contact with me.

Thank you to Jane and Norman who located Champ, looked after him for the 2 weeks and sent him back to me. You do not know what this means to me. Also, thank you for the lovely card and mints, very nice of you.

Excellent News.

I'm delighted to have played my part in the reunification.

Well done all involved including Jane who accomplished and managed the hard bit.

Edited by Solent Richard