Electric kettles on QM2 after refit?

cadburysmom

I heard a rumor that Cunard was going to be supplying electric kettles in all staterooms on QM2 after the recent refit. Can anyone confirm this? I will be in a category DC balcony on deck 8 and would love to make my own tea without having to call room service.

Thanks so much for the video Gary999. I have an obstructed view balcony booked for my world cruise sector and it was great to see what the refurbished ones looked liked. The carpet seems very pale in comparison to what the last refurb had (the one with the 'waves').

Thanks so much for the video Gary999. I have an obstructed view balcony booked for my world cruise sector and it was great to see what the refurbished ones looked liked. The carpet seems very pale in comparison to what the last refurb had (the one with the 'waves').

If you want to see Waves, just look out of the window :D....Sorry, seriously though ;) not many of us could stand those dark coloured carpets, they never looked as if they had ever had a vacuum over them. Always showed tiny specks of lint or fluff etc .

You'll love the new Remastering, in real life everything looks so much better than those computer illustrations we saw at the beginning, even the best photography still doesn't do it justice.

If you want to see Waves, just look out of the window :D....Sorry, seriously though ;) not many of us could stand those dark coloured carpets, they never looked as if they had ever had a vacuum over them. Always showed tiny specks of lint or fluff etc .

You'll love the new Remastering, in real life everything looks so much better than those computer illustrations we saw at the beginning, even the best photography still doesn't do it justice.

I never saw that pattern as waves. To me it looked like eels. :eek: :eek:

That is good news. As I write this I am still waiting for our 110v kettle to boil :(.

I know! Once you've used that high-voltage kettle, it's hard to be patient with the North American ones.

QUESTION for those on board. What is offered with the kettle? Tea bags, obvoiusly, but is there any kind of coffee? Milk? Cream?

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

QUESTION for those on board. What is offered with the kettle? Tea bags, obvoiusly, but is there any kind of coffee? Milk? Cream?

Take a look at Gary999's post above (post number 2). Click on his first link. It shows milk in those little pots like you get in hotels.

Here's what is in my PG stateroom: Two British 240V outlets were run to the glassware cabinet. Previouly only the desk area had outlets.

There is an Illy pod machine and a kettle. After the ship sailed form Southampton my room was provided with 2 regular and 2 decaf pods. Thus far only 3 herbal teabags, sugar and sweatner packs, and 4 containers of ultra-pasteurized semi-skimmed milk. Four packs of Walker's brand cookies. Two mugs and two spoons. There will likely be more variety as the stewards learn to maintain a standard stock.

I love my tea - and the closer the better... however, with the advent of in-cabin kettles, gone will be the middle of the night meetings with strangers seeking a caffeine hit; and gone will be the social interaction will be the pre-early morning

Here's what is in my PG stateroom: Two British 240V outlets were run to the glassware cabinet. Previouly only the desk area had outlets.

There is an Illy pod machine and a kettle. After the ship sailed form Southampton my room was provided with 2 regular and 2 decaf pods. Thus far only 3 herbal teabags, sugar and sweatner packs, and 4 containers of ultra-pasteurized semi-skimmed milk. Four packs of Walker's brand cookies. Two mugs and two spoons. There will likely be more variety as the stewards learn to maintain a standard stock.

Would love to see some pics of your PG stateroom - the ones on the web site look good.

You'll have to wait for those who want to spend their time photo documenting the ship. I'm unwilling to subscribe to the popular social hosting sites as they require too much personal information - like my cell phone number.:mad: I'll leave that to those who enjoy that activity.