Which cabin?

Marcys

Please help me make a decision.

I have the following two cabins reserved on the QM2. Cabin 11101, a BB balcony midship for $1,449 and 11014, a BF balcony forward for $1,199.

Although the difference is only $250 per person, I think the BB cabin is deeply discounted. Is the upgrade from BF to BB worth the extra $500?

We have both sailed many times and are ok with ship movement.

Thanks!

If you book BB Category and receive even a one category upgrade, you will be in Britannia Club. But if you book Category BF and get a one category upgrade, you'd still be in Britannia.

I always think of an upgrade as a long shot, but hey, you never know:) Is it worth a $500 gamble to you?...otherwise, personally, I don't see any reason to pay for the upgrade.

Lanky Lad and Salacia, I guess I am not thinking of a change in cabins as an upgrade, but in terms of comfort. Since this is an October crossing, the weather could be rough. Being the 7th cabin from the front on deck 11 may be more rocky than being squarely midship. Thoughts?

Although the QM2 is the most stable ship I have ever sailed in (and many will say the most stable ship ever) there will be noticeable pitching if the sea gets bumpy, depending of course, on how bumpy. Some crossings can be smooth all the way regardless of the season.

On a May crossing two years ago we had a cabin on Deck 10 that was very much forward. We went through a rough bit for about 24 hours. We were thrown around in the cabin whilst dressing for dinner and overnight the bathroom door made contact with my rib-cage - fortunately no injury ensued. Personally I would pay the slightly higher fare to be midships. If the fare difference was huge I would risk the forward cabin.

In my experience QM2 doesn't pitch (up and down at the bow) much in heavy seas. We usually book a BZ sheltered balcony on 5. On our transatlantic we were on 11 a little aft of 11014 but the weather was benign that week. They have some freedom on the transatlantic route to vary north or south around significant weather.

I might make a different recommendation for the other ships. Crossing from LA to Hawaii on QV in a forward balcony we could definitely feel the pitch for the first day or two.

Personally l work on the premise of taking the best l can afford, it's all about having no regrets for me. If position may matter to you take the BB even if the crossing is flat calm you will save yourself any concern in advance.

M-AR