Britannia Restaurant table numbers

Whitemarsh

Can anyone confirm for me that the table numbers depicted in the below map of the Britannia Restaurant are correct?

I'm particularly interested in the area between the stairs and the tapestry on deck 2. But if you've been at other tables and the numbers on the map are correct, that would be good to know as well, thanks.

i-DNfPGtf-XL.jpg

Can anyone confirm for me that the table numbers depicted in the below map of the Britannia Restaurant are correct?

I'm particularly interested in the area between the stairs and the tapestry on deck 2. But if you've been at other tables and the numbers on the map are correct, that would be good to know as well, thanks.

i-DNfPGtf-XL.jpg

I believe that they are correct, these are the new numbers since they were renumbered last year (2011)

1, 2, 40 are correct. I think 89 is right (had that for breakfast or lunch a couple of times) The general numbering scheme (odd on the starboard/right side, even on port/left) is what I observed a week or two back. Never was seated in the middle area, near the Captain's table

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I want to request a particular table number and didn't want to find out I'd requested something in a less desirable location.

I think I understand what you are saying but I can imagine our more politically correct brigade having issues ;)

I guess you want to both monitor and control the standard of dress and give your exterminators the wink should you detect anyone that dares to transgress :) (humour)

I think I understand what you are saying but I can imagine our more politically correct brigade having issues ;)

I guess you want to both monitor and control the standard of dress and give your exterminators the wink should you detect anyone that dares to transgress :) (humour)

An interesting description of Whitemarsh's travelling party, although dangerous as "Fashion Exterminators" gives the wrong impression entirely.

I agree that clear lines of sight would be crucial to carrying out the important tasks entrusted to the group, and therefore close attention would need to be paid to table selection.

I'm sure they will. But it was just about the table location.... :)

We're a well oiled machine. Instant contact with our officers ensures that transgressors are detained very quickly - usually before they've reached their table.

i-FQkCZbx-L.jpg

An interesting description of Whitemarsh's travelling party, although dangerous as "Fashion Exterminators" gives the wrong impression entirely.

Entirely correct Louise, we've never had to exterminate anyone - usually a quiet word does the trick. If that doesn't work than there is always 8129.

I agree that clear lines of sight would be crucial to carrying out the important tasks entrusted to the group, and therefore close attention would need to be paid to table selection.

We should probably talk about a technology upgrade. I'm thinking of something like this. With live feeds from the Queen Elizabeth & Queen Victoria we could ensure standards are maintained across the Cunard fleet. :)

i-qnMmzsc-L.jpg

I'm assuming this is QM2.

Table 200 is correct. And if I remember correctly, the Captain's Table was indeed #72.

Just to note, however, that the two sheets in the picture are not facing the same direction. Table 200 is actually directly over table 2.

Edited by concordepa

Is someone saying that all even numbers are on one side of the ship and odd numbers on the other?

If I am understanding that correctly then one map does not make sense as on one piece the even numbers are on one side and on the other sheet they do not match? Have I misunderstood this? :o

Is someone saying that all even numbers are on one side of the ship and odd numbers on the other?

If I am understanding that correctly then one map does not make sense as on one piece the even numbers are on one side and on the other sheet they do not match? Have I misunderstood this? :o

It is quite simple, the left hand map is deck 2 and the right hand is deck 3. Only the former has odds on one side and evens on the other.

I think if you rotate the upper deck seating chart to align with the lower level you still have even-numbered tables to port and odd numbers to starboard. It's harder to make out the numbers on the righthand chart, though.

Edited by Underwatr

I think if you rotate the upper deck seating chart to align with the lower level you still have even-numbered tables to port and odd numbers to starboard. It's harder to make out the numbers on the righthand chart, though.

That would make sense

Cap'n Pugwash are you saying this odds and evens layout only applies to one deck level as that makes little sense?

That would make sense

Cap'n Pugwash are you saying this odds and evens layout only applies to one deck level as that makes little sense?

Let me try to expand on some of the earlier explanations, if I may.

The diagram on the left-hand side of Whitemarsh's image (which shows the lower level of the Britannia Restaurant) is oriented such that port side is at the top and starboard side is at the bottom.

On the other hand, the diagram on the right-hand side of the image (which shows the upper level of the Britannia Restaurant) is oriented such that starboard side is at the top and port side is at the bottom.

Just as with the numbering of staterooms, it would appear that even numbered tables are situated on the port side of the restaurant and odd numbered tables are situated on the starboard side.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

Let me try to expand on some of the earlier explanations, if I may.

The diagram on the left-hand side of Whitemarsh's image (which shows the lower level of the Britannia Restaurant) is oriented such that port side is at the top and starboard side is at the bottom.

On the other hand, the diagram on the right-hand side of the image (which shows the upper level of the Britannia Restaurant) is oriented such that starboard side is at the top and port side is at the bottom.

Just as with the numbering of staterooms, it would appear that even numbered tables are situated on the port side of the restaurant and odd numbered tables are situated on the starboard side.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

Totally agree with both your good self and underwatr.

I was thrown by how the drawing were presented and I thought it was showing a plan of the dining area split into two sheets of paper but just like you pair I suspect that a bit of manouvering is need to understand this layout.

The suggestion that it only applies to one deck is doubtful as historically Port will usually have even markings, starboard the odd. Or this is what we were taught... Port has an even number of letters, starboard (if we can count that many) has an odd number :)

Now that it seems the tradition of port side (cabins, tables, etc) are even numbered, and starboard are odd numbered, has been finally been accepted, my question is what does the color coding indicate on the schematic posted for Britannia dining room?

My guess is that this "map" was originally posted in a non-passenger area for the benefit of the dining room staff, and that color coding indicates the station (i.e. tables and number of seats) for each server. The ratio of waiters to patrons is noteworthy.

Of course, it might just be that someone had fun with colouring:)

Edited by Salacia

Now that it seems the tradition of port side (cabins, tables, etc) are even numbered, and starboard are odd numbered, has been finally been accepted, my question is what does the color coding indicate on the schematic posted for Britannia dining room?

My guess is that this "map" was originally posted in a non-passenger area for the benefit of the dining room staff, and that color coding indicates the station (i.e. tables and number of seats) for each server. The ratio of waiters to patrons is noteworthy.

Of course, it might just be that someone had fun with colouring:)

Yeah, the colours represent the different sections. From what I can make out, from another picture I took, there are (on average) 4 tables for each waiter and junior waiter. The two waiters who got station 48 in section 7 had 8 tables to deal with. I'm presuming these are tables for two.

I also saw these 'rules' posted in the kitchen, thought they were interesting.

i-CwJ4rg8-XL.jpg

• 1 year later...

Edited by Sandra Smudger

I'm due to travel soon on QM2 for the first time and wonder if this table layout is still the same now - 2014? I hate to be hemmed in and this might help me get a table that has some space around it. Thank you to the person who put this information on cruise critic. It's very helpful.]

I'm due to travel soon on QM2 for the first time and wonder if this table layout is still the same now - 2014? I hate to be hemmed in and this might help me get a table that has some space around it. Thank you to the person who put this information on cruise critic. It's very helpful.]
Well my table (in May '14) is shown on the diagram with the same number and in the same position as it was in reality. However, they do move numbers about very occasionally.

Hope this helps.

Our table number from May 2014 sailing (lower deck) is also consistent with the table-seating map.

It can feel very congested in Britannia on the QM2. We have often requested the upper deck and found this less so.

Have a wonderful sailing!

Our table number from May 2014 sailing (lower deck) is also consistent with the table-seating map.

It can feel very congested in Britannia on the QM2. We have often requested the upper deck and found this less so.

Have a wonderful sailing!

Firstly, thank you to pepperrn for replying to my earlier questions and great photos by the way! I've heard that on the upper deck in the Britannia you can feel quite a bit of vibration from the ship to the extent that some people have asked to move to the lower deck. Have you not found this?

Firstly, thank you to pepperrn for replying to my earlier questions and great photos by the way! I've heard that on the upper deck in the Britannia you can feel quite a bit of vibration from the ship to the extent that some people have asked to move to the lower deck. Have you not found this?
My pleasure, and glad you liked the photos.

No, I've not noticed any difference between upper and lower levels when it comes to vibration. And I've been on both levels many times over the years.

When are you boarding? If it is after June 20th-24th (when I'm next on board) I will check for you (really concentrate to see if I can feel any difference) and report back here.

Thank you again for the compliment :) .

Edited by pepperrn