Email received from Cunard regarding EU referendum

cruiser1955

Just sharing this with the forum. Good to see that there are no changes.

Dear MR WILLIAMS,

Following the result of the EU Referendum vote, I wanted to take a few moments of your time to reassure you that there are no resulting changes to any aspect of your upcoming holiday with Cunard, including check-in and immigration. These all remain the same as they were before last weeks vote.

Should there be any changes resulting from the United Kingdom leaving the European Union, we will naturally contact you with all and any related information.

For now it remains business as usual for us and we are looking forward to welcoming you on board.

Yours sincerely

Angus Struthers

Director, Cunard

Just got mine as well! I wonder how long that information will be current, with all the unrest at the moment?

The big question for us in the UK is what will happen with the exchange rates. I can't find the rate that Cunard used to calculate their brochure prices. All I can find is that they will absorb the first 2% of any fluctuation and that if the price increases by more than 10% passengers may cancel without penalty. The UK Online T&Cs do not have an exchange rate - it is shown as xxx in paragraph 36.

Don't want to assume too much, but haven't had any currency surcharges added on any UK run holiday for over 20 years. Don't recall anything being added in 1992 after the fall in the GBP.

It's quite obvious nothing is going to change in the immediate future. I think it is a very condescending thing to say. I would understand it if the statement was regarding the price of the holiday, but not really specifically mentioned cost.

I laughed out loud! What possible difference could it have made in a weekend? Then I felt sorry for the customer services people and the numpty questions they may have had to field.

Agreed! However, I guess some pax went into a panic. A panic over absolutely

nothing!

Exactly 7 years ago, the Euro was trading at €1.77 - GBP. It actually went much lower.

At that time we were living in France but paid in GBP. It certainly never reached 1.77 Euros to the £. The lowest we ever received was 1.04 euros to the pound.

Don't forget that the Euro has weakened against the dollar but less so than the pound.

....................... All I can find is that they will absorb the first 2% of any fluctuation and that if the price increases by more than 10% passengers may cancel without penalty. .................

I didn't get the e-mail about the massive price drop when the price of oil halved so if the price goes up I'll definately cancel.