Vegetarian food in QE Princess Grill

Adammara

My doctor has suggested that I avoid meat and fish as much as possible in the future. Looking at the Princess Grill menus, there is usually one vegetarian option in the entrees, on some lines there has been a separate menu for vegetarians where you can order the night before, is this available on Cunard?

Beer is also a no no, but I can have 2 glasses of wine a day - but he did not say what size!

I am vegetarian and have travelled once in PG. Last time there were usually two or even three vegetarian choices on the menu and I can confirm there IS a separate vegetarian menu which needs ordering the day before.

In QG they have offered me more or less anything I want, with notice, this was slightly less forthcoming in PG but they were nevertheless very obliging and eager to help.

Make friends with the Maitre d' and your Head Waiter and you won't struggle at all.

Thanks Gill

Fortunately I enjoy vegetarian food, as eldest daughter and family are vegetarians. Looking forward to trying the Princess Grill, we have a Princess guarantee booking, and are still waiting for a cabin number and grade!

• 3 weeks later...

Adammara, I am Vegetarian and the choice of the pre ordered food is the same in all the restaurants. There is a list that you can choose from and as Cruiseluvva has stated you order for the next day.

As stated there is always an option for you on the daily menu. I have always found in PG and QG that they will go out of their way for you. I always give them a list of my foods that I don't eat. For me it is no meat, no fish, no swede, no turnip, not that you asked. But my special treat is that I ask the chef to surprise me each night, so I never know what I am getting until it arrives, and I love not knowing what mouth watering dish will be served. My favourite is the veggie Thai green curry.

Edited by princess grills

Thanks Princess Grills, I have downloaded the vegetarian menu, and it looks good! Just wondering a bit what the menu's will be like, as there has been a thread about changes on the QM2 Princess Menu. I don't like swede or turnip, but love courgette, I have about 10 plants in the garden, and love them fried until golden brown, if they will do that for me I will be happy!