Odyssey laundrettes?

lahlah57

New to seabourn.....where are the self serve laundrettes located? Is it true the Encore will not have these facilites? What are the fees for laundry service? Important to us because if we travel to a particularly humid region this is a must. Thanks all:)

Your questions answered:

5 deck, none on Encore, ask your TA for laundry price list or wait until you get on board and decide then if you want to waste time and effort on the 4 washers and 4 dryers. This is not mass market cruising in terms of laundry amenities or overall cruise fare.

Happy sailing!

Edited by markham

Even though there are only 4 washers and 4 dryers, I had little trouble getting a machine when I needed one. It's a small ship, so no need for lots of machines. And it seemed as though many passengers either payed for their laundry service, or they were such frequent travelers that they received free laundry as a loyalty benefit.

This may be why we may stick with Crystal. Will not do mass market cruiselines but Crystal is well above the rest as long as they have 6 sets of washers and dryers on every deck in working order throughout an entire cruise!

Seabourn should take a notes:rolleyes: May have to stick to cold weather cruises. 2 SETS FOR AN ENTIRE CRUISE?!

Of all the reasons to pick a luxury cruise line the one reason at the BOTTOM of my list is more washers and dryers.

Wripro,

Exactly what I was thinking.

Doing laundry or not, tough question... :D

John

This may be why we may stick with Crystal. Will not do mass market cruiselines but Crystal is well above the rest as long as they have 6 sets of washers and dryers on every deck in working order throughout an entire cruise!

Seabourn should take a notes:rolleyes: May have to stick to cold weather cruises. 2 SETS FOR AN ENTIRE CRUISE?!

Are you for real or just here for a wind up?

What are the fees for laundry service? Important to us because if we travel to a particularly humid region this is a must. Thanks all:)

Using the laundry service is 50 $ per bag which is very reasonable.

No "wind up" just experienced in paying way too much for laundry on a river cruise! 2 weeks and nearly $400 later having cruised for 2 weeks in china with 95% humidity.

Yes, laundrettes have served us well with no out of pocket expense.

Out of all the choices of cruiselines and their amenities.....washers and dryers are in the top 5.:D

Until you cruise with Seabourn you may not be able to appreciate the comments being made. Bear in mind the bathroom has a separate shower plus a full bath with clothes line over. Ideal for those wanting to do some in-suite laundry. And the bags are a great deal. We didn't use them until they came with our status then looked back and wondered why we bothered with using the Laundry when we could get so much done on a hassle free basis by paying for a bag. The Laundry is still there if you need to use an iron.

Until you cruise with Seabourn you may not be able to appreciate the comments being made. Bear in mind the bathroom has a separate shower plus a full bath with clothes line over. Ideal for those wanting to do some in-suite laundry. And the bags are a great deal. We didn't use them until they came with our status then looked back and wondered why we bothered with using the Laundry when we could get so much done on a hassle free basis by paying for a bag. The Laundry is still there if you need to use an iron.

Thankyou so much:)

The problem I have with the $50 laundry bag, is that I don't usually have enough clothes to fill the bag with dirty stuff and still have clean stuff to wear.

We travel very light so I usually do small loads of laundry throughout our trips to keep us in clean clothes.

I'm impressed with the person who stuffed 52 items into the laundry bag, but that's usually all we have with us! We'd have to walk around in our Seabourn bathrobes and I don't want to start a whole new discussion on wearing robes around the ship.:D

Am I alone in having a few issues with the bag service? I'm not the complaining sort but on two different cruises ive had a t shirt ruined by washing at too high a temperature. One came back rubbed up and one was exceptionally faded. They were returned well presented with all the others.... I felt bad about saying anything on account of the high number of other items which I'd cheekily stuffed in the bag which came bag perfectly, so I kept quiet but I'd never put my favourite stuff in there now.

I'd have used it in a second if I could get it back within a day ... 2 days is too long!

Unless you have something you can't be without (wear) for a day and a half its pretty good. In by 10am and back by 5:00pm next day (usually sooner).

Not my experience on spirit november 2014. In before 10am. Back late on the third day.

Secoma4 is right. We were on Odyssey last month and the stewardess took away our dirty laundry in the morning about 8:30 and it was always back next day by 4:00 pm.

We did not use the $50 bag of laundry package. Is that what some say took 2 days? That's just a guess.

Happy sailing!

Secoma4 is right. We were on Odyssey last month and the stewardess took away our dirty laundry in the morning about 8:30 and it was always back next day by 4:00 pm.

We did not use the $50 bag of laundry package. Is that what some say took 2 days? That's just a guess.

Happy sailing!

I do think it's the $50 bag that people are referring to.

It used to be returned in a similar time frame to what you describe, however last time I was onboard (December 2014), there was an advisory note to say it would be 48 hours before it was returned. That was a longer timescale than on previous cruises.

I'd been in Cape Town for several days pre-cruise, and hadn't used the hotel laundry service because I wasn't aware of the longer laundry time onboard, so on embarkation I just filled the bag with non-urgent items and paid separately for speedier service on a few things I needed back quicker. Will be better prepared next time.

Nigella,

Then how did I get back my laundry next day without fail? No, I don't believe that there is now a 48+ hour laundry service on Seabourn.

Would others very recently on Sojourn or Quest pipe in about their experiences?

Happy sailing!

Nigella,

Then how did I get back my laundry next day without fail? No, I don't believe that there is now a 48+ hour laundry service on Seabourn.

Would others very recently on Sojourn or Quest pipe in about their experiences?

Happy sailing!

Sorry markham, I must have misunderstood your post?

I thought you were saying that you had your laundry back speedily because you had NOT used the fill a bag for $50 option. And you were trying to clarify whether the people whose laundry came back two days later were the ones who were using "fill a bag".

I certainly had my laundry back the next day when I sent the items the traditional way, ie paying per item.

The ones I sent in the bag for $50 - left for suite attendant at the same time as the separate items - were not returned until day 3 onboard, around lunchtime.

Confused...

Sorry markham, I must have misunderstood your post?

I thought you were saying that you had your laundry back speedily because you had NOT used the fill a bag for $50 option. And you were trying to clarify whether the people whose laundry came back two days later were the ones who were using "fill a bag".

I certainly had my laundry back the next day when I sent the items the traditional way, ie paying per item.

The ones I sent in the bag for $50 - left for suite attendant at the same time as the separate items - were not returned until day 3 onboard, around lunchtime.

Confused...

I wonder if it had something to do with the extra workload on the ship and crew on changeover day. Bed linen all stripped (mid cruise I suspect they stagger suites), extra cleaning of suites and handover to new guests, learning guests preferences / timings etc. All it would have taken was a slight delay in delivering back day 2 evening for it to slip into day 3.

Also when day 1 is changeover day you can effectively write it off as many staff are tasked with unusual duties both guest related and safety related.

Henry :)