Shangri La SINGAPORE

dalliowner

The Line is a big buffet with live stations (edit IMR lots of kids running around regardless of time of year)

think overgrown colonnade so if that floats your boat

haven't done waterfall but the fact it has a table service menu would be a tipper for me

Sing is a dining delight… have you thought about eating out of house?

Edited by MrsWaldo

Neither.The Shang Palace at the hotel is the one of the best Chinese restaurants in the world!(in my humble opinion)

If the Shang Palace is the restaurant on the ground floor - we were there a few years ago and it was wonderful, and not overpriced.

P.S. Just looked it up online - yes it is. We were there at Chinese New Year, and there were local families eating there too. I would not choose the buffet or an Italian for one night in Singapore; strongly recommend the Shang Palace. Hope the reports help.

I imagine the OP may well have flown from the UK, on that long flight, and might - as we did on a similar occasion - feel too tired to leave the hotel. The other suggestions would be brilliant if this was not the case, but just to stay in the hotel was all we wanted, and the Shang Palace really was very good.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for advice,I think you are correct we really did not want to go all that way to have Italian as much as I like it. So it is the Shang for us and will book it early to make sure we get a table.

Shang Palace is great, Nadaman also very good, I'd stay away from The Line. I never know why Shangri-la closed Blu and never replaced it, that was one of our favourite restaurants in Singapore. Current favourite is Nicholas Le Restaurant, but that's not very close to the hotel :)