Seabourn tours car/minivan

galeforce9

Can anyone tell me how these work please. The ones I am looking at come with driver and guide. How flexible are they? We really like to pack a lot in and not spend a lot of time anywhere, preferring to have a very short lunch too. When and how is the itinerary decided? Do we suggest it before we sail if booked beforehand and its a matter of negotiation, or would we be subject to very much a standard slow paced tour but in a private vehicle. We are thinking about the 11 hr extended day hire from Haifa and would like to really see as much as possible. The hire is currently wait listed.

Not sure if it still works this way but we did this a few years ago for 6 of us to tour Berlin from the port of Warnemunde. Once booked i sent the company Seabourn used a request of what we wanted to see. When our driver picked us up he made a few suggestions regarding the itinerary and asked us to let him know if we wanted to shorten or increase a stop. He was very well informed and very flexible. We had a great but full day.

Not sure if it still works this way but we did this a few years ago for 6 of us to tour Berlin from the port of Warnemunde. Once booked i sent the company Seabourn used a request of what we wanted to see. When our driver picked us up he made a few suggestions regarding the itinerary and asked us to let him know if we wanted to shorten or increase a stop. He was very well informed and very flexible. We had a great but full day.

Chairsin, that's really helpful thanks. My fear is my initial request could be too demanding. I don't know what will be possible in Israel in 11 hours but it sounds like seabourn tours will be a helpful intermediary!

Agree with Chairsin's comments. We hired the SB private van in Ravena for 8 people and the guide was excellent. She would do whatever we wanted but obviously we took her advice on best way to maximize the time.

Can anyone tell me how these work please. The ones I am looking at come with driver and guide. How flexible are they? We really like to pack a lot in and not spend a lot of time anywhere, preferring to have a very short lunch too. When and how is the itinerary decided? Do we suggest it before we sail if booked beforehand and its a matter of negotiation, or would we be subject to very much a standard slow paced tour but in a private vehicle. We are thinking about the 11 hr extended day hire from Haifa and would like to really see as much as possible. The hire is currently wait listed.

I can recommend 'Guided Tours Israel'. We used them in both Jerusalem & Haifa. In Jerusalem it was just 4 of us, so we could be more flexible and in Haifa there were 8 of us. Both were very full and enjoyable days (and cheaper than Seabourn). They have great reviews on TripAdvisor. I left my video camera in the car after our day in Jerusalem. They posted it to our home in Australia and would not accept any money for doing so.

You can check out their recommended itineraries here http://www.guidedtoursisrael.com/