Very disappointed with world cruise ship choice

Small correction:

Mariner = 71

Navigator = 67

Voyager = 66

Formula is real simple: GRT / total passengers at two per cabin

I didn't do the math myself. I got my info from here . It is supposed to be from CLIA information.

To me, the Navigator seem more cramped for space than the Voyager, probability because of the way the public spaces flow. I could do 100 days in a row on the Voyager, but thinking about being on the Navigator that long is like fingernails on a blackboard.

j

The Navigator's public areas definitely feel small - particularly the computer room, Navigator Lounge and La Veranda. This is not as noticeable when the weather is nice because many guests are outside on the pool deck. When the weather becomes cold and/or wet, the public areas can be quite crowded. Reportedly, during the dry dock next year some changes that will be made to public areas.

IMO, the regular suites are much more comfortable than the same category suites on the Mariner which is why they work for a long cruise.

To me, the Navigator seem more cramped for space than the Voyager, probability because of the way the public spaces flow. I could do 100 days in a row on the Voyager, but thinking about being on the Navigator that long is like fingernails on a blackboard.

j

I was on the Navigator for 36 days last year and truly enjoyed them. I would be thrilled to do over 100 days in a row on board. Unfortunately we can't be away for that long. Maybe in 35 years when we retire we can do a World Cruise.

Different strokes for different folks, but the Navigator is my favorite ship of the Regent fleet. In fact, 7 of our last 9 cruises on Regent in the last three years have been on the Navigator. We have really come to know the staff on board and they remember us and our preferences. It's like a family reunion every time we step on board, and that makes the cruise for us!

My wife and I actually have had a world cruise budgeted in our financial and retirement plans for the last ten years. We are within 5 years now and I have been disappointed that Regent was not doing them. Having been on all three ships, each which have their good and bad points, I would sign up in a heartbeat for Navigator if 2017 was my year (most likely it will be 2020). The only material difference in Voyager over Navigator is one more restaurant. I actually prefer the 450 number to the 700 number and find the vibration of the two to be similar. The size of Mariners suites rule it out. Navigator previously did Regent's WC's before Voyager, so it is certainly capable. I just hope they keep this up until I have the time to do one.

• 2 weeks later...