New Regent promotion...

We tend to pay our cruises "almost" in full a while before the deadline but hold back a few hundred dollars or so until the final deadline. The cruises that are on the current promotion are in the penalty phase so that passengers cannot cancel and rebook (and the "rules" state that the promotion is for new bookings only). I've noticed that the cruise that we booked is filling up - in only a couple of days. Looks like the promotion is working!

• 5 weeks later...
We booked early for a September cruise that is not selling well. I notified our TA each time Regent sweetened the deal. So far we have benefitted from a price drop, on board credit and a 4 category upgrade. Call your TA. Ours has been great.

We are considering the 10/31/15 cruise from Istanbul to Dubai.

We need a good TA.

Thanks.

We did IST to Dubai last November and loved it. Lots of concerns beforehand and it wasn't selling well. Regent made a great reduction.I had paid but our TA got us a scad of on-board credits that I used for special excursions (and there will be some great ones).

I'm sure that I'm not allowed to name TAs but I recommend that you surf the net and look for "luxury" travel agencies and especially "Regent ??? providers" - see what they offer.

We are considering the 10/31/15 cruise from Istanbul to Dubai.

We need a good TA.

Thanks.

While it is true that CC rules forbid making TA recommendations, there are TA's that rebate 10% or even more and are aligned with consortiums that provide additional benefits.

Searching the internet for excellend discount cruise agencies is a great idea and never know when the answer is right in front of you.

Good luck and happy cruising.

Yes, the recommendation by many to do a search for luxury and Regent does not deliver the deep discount/rebate that rallydave refers to and in my opinion, does not really go to bat for the customer....do the search as he recommends

Going to bat for the customer is very important. Knowing the Regent product is also crucial! Yes - there are some TA's out there that go against Regent recommendations (strong recommendations) that TA's rebate not more than 5%. In any case, it is against Cruise Critic policies to recommend or even hint about a specific TA. Really do hope you find a TA that can help you through the process and will give you all of the information you need to make decisions about itineraries, suite locations, etc.

In the meantime, this thread is out of date by almost a month. The promotion obviously is no longer in existence.

Going to bat for the customer is very important. Knowing the Regent product is also crucial! Yes - there are some TA's out there that go against Regent recommendations (strong recommendations) that TA's rebate not more than 5%.

You really should completely read and comprehend Regent's rules (not recommendations) to Travel Agents before making completely erroneous comments.

Yes, it is a rule and not recommendation or strong recommendation that their TA's must follow or risk not being allowed to sell Regent or Oceania Cruises.

However the rule is that they cannot advertise discounts above 5%. The key word is advertise. Our T/A who cannot be named due to CC rules is a member of the Regent/Oceania board of T/A advisers and a very respected member at that and they can and do provide significantly bigger rebates than the 5% mentioned without advertising or any issues from Regent or Oceania. Please get your facts straight before posting erroneous statements.

An internet search will find the policy in writing.

You really should completely read and comprehend Regent's rules (not recommendations) to Travel Agents before making completely erroneous comments.

Yes, it is a rule and not recommendation or strong recommendation that their TA's must follow or risk not being allowed to sell Regent or Oceania Cruises.

However the rule is that they cannot advertise discounts above 5%. The key word is advertise. Our T/A who cannot be named due to CC rules is a member of the Regent/Oceania board of T/A advisers and a very respected member at that and they can and do provide significantly bigger rebates than the 5% mentioned without advertising or any issues from Regent or Oceania. Please get your facts straight before posting erroneous statements.

An internet search will find the policy in writing.

I am not a TA but have read and do comprehend the rule. It was my choice to phrase it the way I did!