Voyager, Barcelona to Southampton May-June 2015

We just returned from cruising on the Voyager from Barcelona to Southampton. It was a fabulous cruise. The ports were all wonderful and we had excellent guides. No more than 20-25 people on the bus. Embarkation was seamless and the entire trip was superb. We got reacquainted with crew members from the past: Darlee, Rambo, Douglas McKensie, Elvis, and many more. Our cabin attendants were wonderful and kept our cabin so perfect. Food was great in every restaurant. We ate three times in Signatures, twice in Prime 7 and Sete Mare and Compass Rose. Every night the food was delicious. Jackson was our waiter in CR and he's excellent. Wine was poured and it was good. The wine steward heard we like Cline Old Vine Zinfandel and made sure we had a bottle every night. Douglas McKensie (restaurant manager) made sure I had macaroons every night. I couldn't have asked for better service or food. Bon Voyage party out of Barcelona was fun with lots of good food. The shrimps (or as another traveler told me "prawns") were huge and delicious. The 7 Seas Society party was excellent and we learned more about Explorer. On departure from Bordeaux (an incredible city) 7 Seas Society party had a sail out party with cheeses, pates, and wines from France. Regent went all out. Once again our experience with Voyager was outstanding. I have read some negative comments and I can't understand them. We had a great cruise. I recommend this itinerary. Great ports and excellent service. We also had great weather. Disembarkation was a little slower because every passenger had to have a face-to-face interview with British immigration authorities. Regent handled it very well by calling passengers by color of their luggage tags. Now I can't hardly wait for our next cruise on the Mariner. We had the best cruise. For those booked on the Voyager "enjoy, enjoy, enjoy". The service was incredible.

It does sound like a wonderful cruise. Surprised to learn that Elvis is on the Voyager -- I thought that he "lived" on the Navigator:) Jackson is one of our favorite servers -- such a nice young man!

Was the 7 Seas Society party you referred to for Gold and above or the general one? Would have loved to be at that one!

We are very surprised to read about face-to-face interviews with British immigration. This must be part of their security measures.

Thanks for posting -- I was missing the Voyager before I read it - now I'm craving it:)

Newlondon, don't despair! You will get better. Though it does sound like a not to be missed trip. The sail out party from Bordeaux sounds fabulous, and I am glad to hear they are trying to do something that really stands out for the seven seas society members. Lately, those offerings had been pretty lame.

forevertravel, Oh how I wish you hadn't posted that review. We were supposed to be on that cruise, but missed it for health reasons. I am even more bummed out than I was yesterday:mad:

Newlondon - I was thinking the same thing - my wife and I had this itinerary booked last summer and had to cancel due to a catastrophe at our home in Louisville...we were so looking forward to it, too.

Maybe next year!

But I'm happy to read about someone having a fantastic cruise on Regent - I know we've enjoyed every one we've been on but sometimes you read so much negativity on CC that you forget that the majority of passengers have a great trip - it's refreshing to hear such a glowing review.

PS - is it July yet? :D

Yes, the 7 Seas Society party was for Gold and above. They had a nice party to introduce new Gold members and give then their pins, then a nice sail in party arriving in Lisbon, and a sail away out of Bordeaux. The chef went into town and bought some wonderful cheeses and pates. Marianne (cellar chief) and others went and got some wonderful French wines. Elvis was at Horizons sometimes and others floating around. He was pretty good in the Kapers show as well as the others. It's always a pleasure to see the crew perform. Yes, Jackson is a great waiter. We asked for him every time we dined at CR. I still have a hard time figuring out all the negative comments about Voyager and Mariner. Are they on same ship we are? We were on the Mariner last November and had a wonderful cruise also. This one had such nice ports and going to Bordeaux was special. What a beautiful city.