Customer Service Issue After the Cruise

kmkord

I sailed on the Mariner 5/17-5/27. Had a wonderful cruise. Bought some gifts at the Longchamps store for my teen daughters. When it was time to pack, I specifically remember putting the bag in my suitcase.

I arrive home and the bag is missing. I thought perhaps they fell out of my suitcase when I zipped it up so I called Regent to see if it was somehow left behind in my room. I needed to do this prior to filing an claim with the credit card company or trip insurance.

On 6/3/15 I received this email:

Dear Ms. ___

Thank you for contacting us in regards to your booking referenced above with Regent Seven Seas Cruises. Our hope is that we were successful in our efforts of making your holiday a memorable one.

Ms.___, we were in immediate contact with the vessel and the Concierge has advised that a couple of items have been found that may belong to you. Kindly advise exactly what are the items you believed to have left behind and we will be able to further confirm if these items are indeed the one you are missing.

We look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Sounds like they found my items. I immediately (same day) sent an email back with a list of the things in the bag, and never heard from anyone again. My calls and emails went unanswered. In the meantime, I haven't filed any claims since my items may have been found.

On 6/17 after numerous calls and emails I get the following response from Regent:

Thank you for your most recent email communication.

Mrs. ___, kindly note that we are still awaiting receipt of shipment containing the lost and found items from your particular sailing. Until such time as the package has arrived, we will not be able to determine the actual description of the items or whether any additional items were found.

Rest assured that as soon as we have received the shipment, you will be contacted via email or via telephone call.

Does it seem odd that it would take a month for missing items to be sent back to HQ? Shouldn't they have a log of the missing items? Seems like it would be easy for things to go "missing" a second time if they are not properly logged.

Has anyone else had any experience with missing items? How long did it take for you to actually get your items back?

Yes, Approx 60 days until stuff arrived at Regent HQ, then a week to get to me.

Not odd to me. You and me made the mistake of leaving stuff behind. I was very grateful that the staff was honest enough to report it lost. THAT doesn't happen very often anymore. Try leaving something in a hotel room --GONE.

Edited by commodore2010

The bigger issue for me is why can't they tell me if they found the bag? They say they found something, but won't say what it is. It's going to look strange if I have to file an insurance claim after such a long delay.

Dave, that is exactly what I would do and it will be pending investigation. When we leave our cruise my OCD partner triple checks everything and he always finds something in a drawer or in the safe. My bad.

I am certain Regent will return any and all items found in your suite after you left. One other thing, if you purchase anything of value take it with you you cannot trust the port workers but I would trust that an employee of any luxury line would turn items in. It simply is not worth losing their job or having their cabin searched.

Edited by Suite Travels