Luggage drop off question - Brisbane

Hi, we're sailing out of Brisbane on Legend of the Seas next year from Portside Wharf. We'll be flying into Brisbane arriving 7.30 am. I know we won't be able to board till later but will RCCL accept our bags from about 8.30am?

If not are there storage facilities at Portside?

Welcome any insights from people in the know :)

TheDunphys Thank you. That's great. Coffee and a spot of shopping is sounding great for the girls and the boys can go to the movies! Perfect!

Depending on your timetable and the departure time of the ship , you may be able to take the Rivercat for a return trip into the City.It leaves from Bretts Wharf which is just along from where the ship docks.

Depending on your timetable and the departure time of the ship , you may be able to take the Rivercat for a return trip into the City.It leaves from Bretts Wharf which is just along from where the ship docks.

Oh even better! Ship doesn't leave till 5pm so that sounds great! I'll do some investigating. Thanks.

Are you SURE that you'll be leaving from the river port as my understanding is that no Royal ships can fit under the bridge and / or are too large to turn around in the river. My guess is that you'll be leaving from the grain terminal which is where we have docked each time we've visited on a Royal ship.

Legend of the Sea is one of Royal's smaller ships, only slightly bigger than the Pacific Dawn. It should be able to make it into Portside. In any case, checkin is always at Portside because that is where the facilities are. If the ship is out the grain terminal, they transport you out there after checkin.

the Legend will be at Brisbane on the 13th june and will be docking at the Grain Terminal due to the Pacific Dawn being at Port side but going by Brisbane Ports every other cruise will be at Port side

http://www.portbris.com.au/shipping-operations/shipping-schedule

Thanks rkmw and all. Yes we have been told by agent it will be Portside. Apparently it's the largest ship to be able to dock there.

That was one of the reasons they were keen to get Legend, and base her out of Brisbane, because she was the only one available to fit there at portside. Rhapsody didn't.

Edited by The_Big_M

That was one of the reasons they were keen to get Legend, and base her out of Brisbane, because she was the only one available to fit there at portside. Rhapsody didn't.

We're hoping the crew on Legend are going be as fun as Rhapsody. We had a brilliant cruise on her a couple of years ago. :)

Legend of the Sea is one of Royal's smaller ships, only slightly bigger than the Pacific Dawn. It should be able to make it into Portside. In any case, checkin is always at Portside because that is where the facilities are. If the ship is out the grain terminal, they transport you out there after checkin.

I have checked in at the Grain Terminal before when I joined QM2. Not quite OPT in Sydney.

This is great news! Yes I was going by the size of the Rhapsody as I know she had to dock at the Grain Terminal. They are sisters so I thought they were the same size. I have been on both and didn't notice that Legend was smaller!

The river dock is so handy to motel, food stores, cafes, restaurants etc so it will be a pleasure to leave from there next year on our cruise to Hong Kong!