Excursion help- online booking

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Missouri
1,986 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
I found an excursion that I like. It is listed in my planner as available on my sailing- good right? So I go to book it and if I put in more than 1 person, it will not allow me to do it. If I put in 1 person, its good. I am not sure if this is a website issue (shocking I know) or if this excursion is actually fully booked? Is there anyway to know this?

If it is booked fully, what are the chances of something else opening up on board? If there is no chance, then I will probably just book independent. But the price is the same and all things equal, I would rather book with the ship. But if I can't find out until I get on board, I either have to book the independent tour now or try on board and hope they offer it.

If it makes any difference it is the Dune Buggy Excursion in Cozumel and we leave in 23 days. Thanks.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Imagination- 12/11/2004 (Mother/Daughter cruise)
Carnival Valor- 2/22/2009 (DH's first cruise)
Carnival Conquest 4/29/2012 (My baby girl's first cruise)
Carnival Conquest 4/21/2013 (our first true inside room)
Celebrity Constellation 3/31/14 (Just DH and I)
Carnival Elation 10/13/14 (Short Family Cruise)
Disney Fantasy- 5/9/15 (First cruise with "the Mouse")
Liberty of the Seas- 5-14-17 (Birthday Cruise)
South Carolina, USA
1,720 Posts
Joined Mar 2014
Why not just call? they can book it over the phone.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Fantasy
SS Norway
Carnival Triumph
Majesty of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Sovereign of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Carnival Dream
Oasis of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas(12/15)
MSC Divina (05/16)
NCL Jewel (05/17)
NCL Escape (12/17)
MSC Seaside (04/18)
Celebrity Equinox (12/18)
Symphony of the Seas (03/19)
100 Posts
Joined Jun 2012
Is it one where one can be a driver and one a passenger, and they are different prices?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Liberty of the Seas - 03/08; 03/15
Oasis of the Seas - 08/12; 08/14; 02/15
Allure of the Seas - upcoming 07/17
Central Illinois
107,599 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by cruzinlisa
... If it is booked fully, what are the chances of something else opening up on board? ...
Yes, they supposedly hold back a percentage of slots for onboard booking.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bob

Past Cruises

Celebrity: Mercury
RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Brilliance, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Oasis, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Vision, Voyager