Carnival Pride photo review July 10, 2016

jocko4279

Freeport

DSC01891_zpspjuxypi9.jpg

Freeport , ah Freeport. The 7am-130pm stop on the cruise because logistically they couldn't figure out a way to make another port and return to Baltimore in 7 days time. And there's nothing "Free" about it, since basically all there is to do is shop in the surrounding village / port area, unless you book and early am excursion that are usualy 20-30 minutes away. Anyways....I awoke to some very interesting cloud formations this morning that made me think it was doomsday. And I must say I was not bothered in the least as I was on a cruise and could not think of a more fitting / happier end to my existence! :)

DSC03227_zpst5dlahdp.jpg

DSC03225_zpsgzgnilvw.jpg

We arrived very early, so it was a great time to take some photos of the industrial port area in action with ships / coming in.

DSC03238_zpsxpy0f7tp.jpg

DSC03249_zpsn1yczeia.jpg

Towel Animal Day

Today was towel animal day up on lido as we arrived in Freeport. We were about to be invaded by about six hundred towel animals around the pool area. For the two stuffed animal freaks in my family it was almost like Christmas morning! My daughter actually set the alarm on her iPad and was up @ 6am with me. Here are some pics of the invasion force:

DSC03278%20-%20Copy_zpst9x1pan4.jpg

DSC03276_zpsahqbt1wt.jpg

DSC03275_zpsylbqwqjd.jpg

DSC03274_zps6jogqeam.jpg

DSC03273_zpslbpitpll.jpg

DSC03268_zps2cbmgczm.jpg

The FOOD

Ok, I'm going to get very hungry writing this. Breakfast & lunch were awesome, I've always felt that way about all of my cruises. Maybe I'm just easy to please. I had breakfast burritos from BIC probably about 5 days, they are great. Also the heuvos rancheros is very good. We did the Dr. Seuss brunch the last sea day, I had the steak & eggs it is very good. Lunch time fare for me was usually Guy's (best darn burger ever) I had the chinese one day, it was very good, nice change up. Also shrimp burrito from BIC another winner.

Dinner to me was a huge area of improvement with the addition of American Table. I know that it's debatable among people as to whether it's better or not. In the past I felt that dinners were just OK with some hits, and more misses. With AT in my opinion you can find something that is good to great every night.

I can't recall each item I had but some hits at dinner were the Lobster, very tender and tasty, the Caribbean pepper steak (still dreaming about that one) and the jerked pork loin. Misses to me were the fish entrees. I had the sea bass and mahi-mahi, just dry-ish and no flavor really. Mojito chicken off of the Port-o-call menu one night was a big miss, just lacking any spice whatsoever.

The soups were very good as usual, that's one thing Carnival does extremely well. I do think their didja (or whatever they call it now) selections have suffered due to AT. I used to actually get a few of these things (alligator bites, etc). Now it's basically frog legs, snails & ox tongue....no thanks!

Desserts- hit & miss for the most part. CMC great as usual. the pie a la mode selections were fantastic. Blueberry was the big winner. I didn't try many other desserts.

Table clothes: I thought I wouldn't like not having them , possible messes. Honestly it had no effect either way.

Here are a few pics of the dinner items I snapped:

cream of mushroom soup

DSC03063_zps4txb5art.jpg

fried oysters

DSC03064_zpsj1wya9ep.jpg

blackened pork tenderloin

DSC03066_zpsxdwncord.jpg

spinach salad

DSC03068_zpsbn3q7c1z.jpg

my version of surf & turf Lobster & flat iron steak

DSC03071_zpsuchnrwti.jpg

tuna appetizer

DSC03091_zpsmaksbeiy.jpg

Agreed on the breakfast at BIC. I eat there every day. It is hard for me to eat anything else.

how true, besides the Seuss breakfast, I didn't go anywhere else for breakfast. good stuff, and pretty much no lines

Great review.

Too bad about your Mojito chicken - we had it at late dining and it was great - you could really taste the lime and the mint. Was one of the best dishes we had.

And I agree - I really enjoy the American table menus.

Great review.

Too bad about your Mojito chicken - we had it at late dining and it was great - you could really taste the lime and the mint. Was one of the best dishes we had.

And I agree - I really enjoy the American table menus.

Glad you had a good one & enjoyed it! maybe mine was last in line for seasoning :)