Tea

deborahjo

OK everyone.....take it easy on me....I bruise easily.:)...however, I love my Lipton tea in the morning, and my Lipton decaf in the evening.

I also like many other teas, with Earl Grey being one of my favorites. So with this new information on the current teas being offered, I will also be bringing some teas with me on this upcoming cruise. :D

Ugh! It sounds like there have been some cut backs on Tea Time since our last cruise :(

Do they still serve the sandwiches and cakes? I particularly care about the chocolate cake, macaroons, and strawberries with clotted cream (I'm a health food kinda gal :rolleyes: :p )

While I understand the upset at yet another cut back, I kind of have to laugh at the outrage over the "good" tea bags being an up-charge now. I think just about anyone who was actually into tea was already bringing their own, as the "good" tea was barely better than the Lipton.

Ugh! It sounds like there have been some cut backs on Tea Time since our last cruise :(

Do they still serve the sandwiches and cakes? I particularly care about the chocolate cake, macaroons, and strawberries with clotted cream (I'm a health food kinda gal :rolleyes: :p )

Yes, they still serve the cakes and scones and sandwiches - it's just the tea selection that's changed.

While I understand the upset at yet another cut back, I kind of have to laugh at the outrage over the "good" tea bags being an up-charge now. I think just about anyone who was actually into tea was already bringing their own, as the "good" tea was barely better than the Lipton.

The specialty teas before were Bigelow brand; now, the new teas they are charging $1.95 for are not Bigelow but a new specialty tea brand with lots of interesting flavours.

Someone already mentioned the sandwiches and cakes. I've only been the last few years and don't remember strawberries with clotted cream.

I can understand why they do not have the fancy teas at the Lido anymore but I don't understand why they do not serve them at teatime. It is not like anyone can steal them.

Agree. Even if they are not fancy, true English teas; it was better than the current selection. And they didn't have to take it was from TEA TIME for free.

Edited by CruzinScotty

I don't remember ever having clotted cream on Carnival. We did have it on Princess as they served the deliciously hot scones the clotted cream was served.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've had clotted cream at Tea Time on each of my Carnival Cruises. I get a clump of it on my plate and dip my strawberries in it. YUM! I hope they haven't done away with it! :confused:

The specialty teas before were Bigelow brand; now, the new teas they are charging $1.95 for are not Bigelow but a new specialty tea brand with lots of interesting flavours.

Sounds like an upgrade, then, at least IMO! As a tea drinker, I'd rather get decent tea for $2 than have mediocre tea for free. And I do consider Bigelow to be mediocre. It's like the coffee on-board: I'd rather buy coffee at the coffee bar than drink the free dirty dishwater they call coffee. Of course, I'd much rather they offer good stuff for free, but if the option is either free and mediocre or up-charge and good, I'll take the up-charge, lol. I'll just have to bring along some of my cheap-as-chips but surprisingly delicious Turkish loose tea, just in case I dislike the available options.

Edited by ldlewis45

[quote name='RC Dancers']I hope they don't start banning people from bringing their own tea. I wonder if it shows up on the scanners?[/QUOTE]As a CBP employee who x-rays things, I can assure you that it does. They are never going to ban tea, though, as there aren't enough tea drinkers to make it worthwhile.