Carnival Cheers Program

dreamshore

We just got back and our bill would have been over $1400.00 for both of us for 7 day without Cheers, I added it up. And I was sick for 1 1/2 days. That does include waters and coffee.

It is totally worth it for us.

The only problem I see with the cheers package, is that Carnival requires both adults in the cabin to purchase it. So if you both drink a lot then it's worth it. I drink but DW does not, so it does not work for us. Wish they would do like Princess and allow only one person in the cabin to purchase the program. I'm sure that will happen... when pigs fly. ;)

I'm sorry for this but I want to make sure I understand what I am reading here. My wife and I are sailing with an Army buddy and his wife. My plan was to buy a Beverage or 2 that were promoted and sold in souvenir glasses, a Irish coffee or two and maybe the spiked milkshake once in a while. and buy a bottle of wine for dinner. If I executed this plan before my 15 limit is reached I should be good right? The last thing I want is to be cut off too soon like that guy you mentioned.

Drinks in souvenir glasses, multi-serving drinks (beer tubes etc) and bottles of wine are not covered by cheers. You can pay for them separately and I think you will be given a discount, at least on the bottle of wine. Irish coffee and spiked milkshake are covered by cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is the Martini Tasting inside the Alchemy Bar included in cheers? If not, oh well. With 15 drinks a day, I can taste a full martini for free [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No, it is not included. My plan is to drink all of the martini's, but full sized.

The only problem I see with the cheers package, is that Carnival requires both adults in the cabin to purchase it. So if you both drink a lot then it's worth it. I drink but DW does not, so it does not work for us. Wish they would do like Princess and allow only one person in the cabin to purchase the program. I'm sure that will happen... when pigs fly. ;)

If Carnival was not so much known for smuggling alcohol, sneaking drinks and "party down" drinkers they might. Princess does not even limit you on the number of drinks you can have in a day.

If Carnival was not so much known for smuggling alcohol, sneaking drinks and "party down" drinkers they might. Princess does not even limit you on the number of drinks you can have in a day.

Carnival is known for fun. :) have a blast on your princess cruise. We'll have fun being "party down drinkers"

Carnival is known for fun. :) have a blast on your princess cruise. We'll have fun being "party down drinkers"

Oh I have a lot of fun also, am able to have 20-25 drinks a day if I want and not worry if my roommates don't want the package.

Wife and I purchased Cheers our last cruise on Paradise. We're not heavy drinkers but this was our first time away without the kids. I don't think we ever broke 10 alcoholic drinks a day to be honest. I even tried logging our drinks to see if we'd break even, that became a task that was soon forgotten once the drinks started flowing. It was a really nice comfort just being able to order anything without hesitation. We also ordered plenty of sodas, waters, powerades and coffees so I definitely feel we got our moneys worth without ever hitting the 15 mark.

What drink is the best bang for your buck?

Good question. I think one thing I plan to do is order a frozen drink, nurse it for five minutes, and then get a shot to add to it. :D

I am sure that the wine and the martinis can get pricey. I plan to try a few expensive drinks I wouldn't try otherwise (I love wine and martinis), but I'm a beer gal at heart so I'll likely be trying out varieties of beer.

What drink is the best bang for your buck?

The most expensive thing on their official menu is Hennesey XO at $12.75 a serving. If the ship has a steakhouse there will probably be a $20+ per serving of champagne or wine and possibly a single malt scotch in the same range. Additionally you can request "super premium" versions of their mixed drinks for a $1 additional which will make them $9.75 or so.

It seems that there are some random premium liquors that show up at different bars from time to time that'll cost a lot but they aren't real common. I'm guessing distributors offer them promotions every once in a while and random bottles end up in shipments. Don't expect any Pappy Van Winkel but I have seen some 12+ year old single malts before.

We love Cheers and have found with our spending habits we break even at 6-7 drinks daily. But... I order top shelf Grey Goose or Hendricks Gin for every drink without a worry! We also love the lattes in the morning which are included, as well as the San Pellegrino for our table at dinner. We've never come closer than 10-12 drinks/day, usually 7-8, but it is definitely worth it for us.