Carnival Pride photo review July 10, 2016

jocko4279

Hi Everyone- We sailed on the Carnival Pride 7-10-16 - 7-17-16 out of Baltimore , stopping in Grand Turk , Half Moon Cay & Freeport. This is my first review & photo review at that, so I'm hoping the pics show up. I'll try my best to include as much detail as I can , and feel free to ask questions. It won't be a total play by play review but I'll try to keep it in sections, with the highlights / low lights (very few) of each.

Embarkation

We drove down to Baltimore the morning of the cruise making the trek from Central NJ. The ride was about 2:45 with a rest stop for the kids, big & little. Got to Baltimore about 11:30 am, waited a bit to park, and made our way into the terminal.

20160710_112928_zpsvx0juedz.jpg

The process was fairly smooth. I'd say we were on the ship at about 12:30 , never really waiting too long at any station. The only negative I can report here was that a few of the cruise terminal staff were a little testy to put it nicely. They made me discard the bag that I used to carry on our wine & allotted beverages because they considered it a "cooler" due to it's size & minimal padding. But it was a bag..you could fold it and crumple it and... Mind you I have used this same bag before at the same port, and I saw many similar bags that made it through the check in process. Oh well, pretty soon it was on to the first FSS, a delicious and mandatory tradition.

100_0582%202_zpsxi214eqa.jpg

The muster drill was pretty typical, nothing stood out as over the top annoying. I'd guess it was 35 minutes or so? Pretty soon we were off and sailing down the Chesapeake ...is that what it's called??, and under some of those infrastructure thingies

DSC03026_zpsfwfis3mj.jpg

To be continued....

Our Cabin

I booked this cruise over a year in advance. This time around I splurged a wee bit on a premium balcony , 7301. Since it was such a long ways out, I got a pretty good deal on it, and I used Carnival GC's to pay off the balance, making the deal a little sweeter. Room was in great shape, though there was an area on the wall behind the toilet where it looks like they did a hack job repair on something by using a reciprocating saw to cut out a square of the wall, then screwing it back on and trying to caulk the seams.

DSC03294%202_zpsqytsbxs7.jpg

DSC03293_zpsubjizhk2.jpg

DSC03291_zpsi0vh9cue.jpg

DSC03298_zpswaiqsjd9.jpg

DSC03299_zpsrc7oledt.jpg

GREAT start to your review! The Pride is our favorite ship by far! Thanks for taking t6he time to share. :)

Thanks Jamman! I take my inspiration from you, it does help to ease the post cruise pain of not being on a cruise to relive it just a bit :)