Faster to Fun

Is it worth paying for? Going on a 5 day cruise and I believe only 1 port is tendered. Is it worth the extra cost? We are sailing out of Miami. I think the earliest available boarding time as of now (for the staggered) is 10:30am.

Any input is appreciated!

Thanks!

If you run a search on the forum you will find multiple threads asking the exact same question with a multitude of opinions. you can have your answers right away instead of waiting for replies.

Is it worth paying for? Going on a 5 day cruise and I believe only 1 port is tendered. Is it worth the extra cost? We are sailing out of Miami. I think the earliest available boarding time as of now (for the staggered) is 10:30am.

Thanks!

Yes! We loved it. Onboard early, no line at GS, and early tender! Well worth it in my opinion.

Thanks!

We had FTTF once on a 5 day out of New Orleans and it wasn't worth it for us. We didn't have any tenders and never had to visit GS. If I had a tender port I might do it again.

Had it twice and it is definately worth it. I'm not sure about all ports but in NOLA, you start getting the good treatment immediately. I bypassed every line except the one immediately after security and then once we reached the next podium we got priority treatment for the next available agent.

I had to use guest services a couple of times and again no wait. The Belize tender was without wait. We didn't really take advantage of the debarkaation, but I'm sure it would have been nice too.

Buy it.

If you run a search on the forum you will find multiple threads asking the exact same question with a multitude of opinions. you can have your answers right away instead of waiting for replies.

Why even comment if you are not going to post anything relevant to the question?

We have FTTF on our upcoming cruise and are lookig forward to it because we enjoy being on the ship fast and do no like standing around or sitting in the terminal.

LOL, first reply is accurate, we have seriously hashed this question out.

Basically if waiting to board the boat a little longer does not bother you and carrying your carry on luggage until 3, waiting a little longer for a tender port (if you have one), or the line at guest services, then FTTF is a waste of your money, but if $60 is worth avoiding any of that, then fork it over.

FTTF is worth $60 to me.

Edited by asalligo

Why even comment if you are not going to post anything relevant to the question?

We have FTTF on our upcoming cruise and are lookig forward to it because we enjoy being on the ship fast and do no like standing around or sitting in the terminal.

I do not think this poster was being mean or not contributing, this is a useful post. In the last week there are at least two of these threads with hundreds of responses. The OP could learn much about the question in minutes instead of waiting for all of us to respond. I personally would have linked the older thread like this.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2377994

I agree. How many times can the same question be asked?! Search fttf. You'll be amazed at how many threads pop up.

BTW, "worth" is subjective. Having had it 3 times before, I don't find it all that valuable. Some people swear they can't sail without it.

We've had it for each cruise and would never sail without it. Each cruise was different as to which benefits were most useful, but last year had to be the best. At Port Canaveral, there was an issue at embarkation that caused a backlog at the port. Once everything was running smoothly again, there were hundreds of people now waiting outside in 95 degree Florida heat. Once we got to the port, we just walked past everybody right through the priority door with no wait, cleared security, did check in and walked right on to the ship. Worth 50 bucks (old price) by itself. :cool:

Thanks!

I had major surgery on my back and still have back problems. I never minded waiting in the lines before but I now get FTTF always. It allows one to bypass the general checkin. Faster service. On board earlier. Cabin is ready. This is worth every penny to me. Everyone is different. I will always purchase it. It is a treat to me. Others may not agree. But, to each his own.

We've had it for tender and non-tender trips and we feel that it's worth it either way. For us, being able to go directly to our room after boarding and putting our carry-on's away is almost worth it, just by itself.

There is the priority line at GS but there is also a priority phone number to call GS that is given to FTTF cruisers that was helpful to us, too.

All in all, we try to book it every time.

This is my first time on Carnival next month and I kick myself for not purchasing FTTF...it's sold out now..

I guess I've learned my lesson. I hope I don't have to wait in line too long. But excited to cruise none the less! :cool:

Edited by MadMonk80

Thanks!

$60 can be spent else where.

Thanks!

In our opinion it is worth the money.

Galveston also has a staggered check in. With FTF you can come before your time. We showed up at 10 and got to walk right past the long line of people waiting for the 10 oclock door to open. It was very hot outside that day and not waiting in the heat would have made it worth the money alone.

We also liked the advantage of getting to board early. It was really nice getting to go straight to our room because of this we just carried on all our luggage. We were unpacked and done with lunch before most people were even on the ship. Made it fun to explore will others didn't have there room yet.

The guest services line is nice only used it once but I have no patients so no line was nice.

Now we did a ship excursion in Belize so we didn't get to take advantage of the priorty Tender.

We also had a birthday party to get to on embarkation. We were off the ship in minutes.

So if you don't like waiting in line and like having your room to relax in it is well worth the money.

Thanks!

Hi there

I too agree that if you do a search for FTTF you would find hundreds of threads (many thousands of posts) because it does seem the same question has been asked every week since these FTTF was started.

I just wanted to mention because this is often misunderstood. Your statement that the earliest boarding time that is now available is 10:30. That isn't actually the case. What is available is a check in time, not a boarding time. Nobody can board until the ship is ready for boarding. That can be 11:30 or later, if there was a problem on the previous cruise boarding could start well into the afternoon. With the FTTF you will be among the first to board but if you arrive at the port at 10:30 don't expect to board right away. You will be allowed to check in right away and then you will need to wait until the ship is ready for boarding. Remember you can't board until everyone from the previous cruise has left the ship. I been at the port watching people still getting off after 11 a.m.

please don't be too impatient

have a great cruise

Thanks!

I believe it is..we've bought FTTF several times and for us, it's always worth it because we get on sooner, which gives us a little extra time to get my son (who is autistic) acclimated and it means our room is ready right away so if he has a massive meltdown for some reason, then we have a place we can go to calm him down away from the judgemental eyes of other people.

It's worth it to us. We were first on the ship for our wedding cruise, and it spoiled us. The cruise after that was miserable waiting to get on. We'll buy it whenever it's available just to avoid the embarkation lines!

Suite and fttf?

We have made a booking for a mexican riviera cruise with the miracle. Its our first carnival Cruise.

We have a suite, so we need to book fttf or we have the same privileges with the suite?

Suite and fttf?

We have made a booking for a mexican riviera cruise with the miracle. Its our first carnival Cruise.

We have a suite, so we need to book fttf or we have the same privileges with the suite?

You will board as quick as FTTF, so you will get that privilege, but you will not get the other perks of FTTF which are your room being ready as soon as you board, special line at guest services and priority tendering if you have a tender port.

I do not think I would purchase FTTF with a suite because boarding early is my biggest reason for purchasing it.