Upgrades

Having a bit of a rant really.....Our up coming cruise in October will be our sixth with Thomsons. Returned from our last cruise on the Spirit two weeks ago. I booked our next cruise for the Majesty back in April....I know I shouldn't have but I checked on the price of our October cruise and it has come down quite a bit...That's the way it goes I hear you say and yes I agree.. but on looking at the cabins the prices to upgrade are low...so I contact Thomsons to upgrade our cabin and was quoted prices at silly amounts to what is being offered now. I feel this is where Thomsoms falls short in recognising returning customers. I didn't upgrade our cabin but now have to watch the daily fall in prices. Thankyou for reading this far...rant over :mad:

[quote name='Poppy 123']Having a bit of a rant really.....Our up coming cruise in October will be our sixth with Thomsons. Returned from our last cruise on the Spirit two weeks ago. I booked our next cruise for the Majesty back in April....I know I shouldn't have but I checked on the price of our October cruise and it has come down quite a bit...That's the way it goes I hear you say and yes I agree.. but on looking at the cabins the prices to upgrade are low...so I contact Thomsons to upgrade our cabin and was quoted prices at silly amounts to what is being offered now. I feel this is where Thomsoms falls short in recognising returning customers. I didn't upgrade our cabin but now have to watch the daily fall in prices. Thankyou for reading this far...rant over :mad:[/QUOTE]

You are quite entitled to have a rant Poppy. I had a rant a few days ago. Thomson's methods of booking holidays, upgrades, seats or anything else, and customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

Most other cruise companies often offer free upgrades to returning guests. Not Thomson. Usually it's " The Phone Call " offering you an upgrade at the same price it was when you originally booked so that they can then advertise the lower priced cabins on their web page to make it look like a good deal.

The first cruise we booked with Fred, we received a free upgrade and 5% off our next booking. Thomson only occasionally give a free bottle of sparkling wine to a random 20 guests on each cruise.

Frustrated but lesson learned...this will be the last Thomson cruise I will book in advance. I had been looking at the Celebration for next summer but will not be booking now...I will wait and have a look a few weeks before our holidays and see what's available then. It wasn't as though I was asking for something for nothing.

[QUOTE] Thomson only occasionally give a free bottle of sparkling wine to a random 20 guests on each cruise. [/QUOTE]

We have twice received extra credit on our onboard account.

Most recently it was £25, can't mind what it was before, possibly the same.

A note was among the handouts in the cabin on the first night - inviting a visit to customer services to have the credit registered.

It stated that the additional OBC was a thank you to returning guests - seems to be a lottery though as to who gets this nice little earner.

[quote name='Poppy 123']Having a bit of a rant really.....Our up coming cruise in October will be our sixth with Thomsons. Returned from our last cruise on the Spirit two weeks ago. I booked our next cruise for the Majesty back in April....I know I shouldn't have but I checked on the price of our October cruise and it has come down quite a bit...That's the way it goes I hear you say and yes I agree.. but on looking at the cabins the prices to upgrade are low...so I contact Thomsons to upgrade our cabin and was quoted prices at silly amounts to what is being offered now. I feel this is where Thomsoms falls short in recognising returning customers. I didn't upgrade our cabin but now have to watch the daily fall in prices. Thankyou for reading this far...rant over :mad:[/QUOTE]

know exactly what you mean. We have booked to go on Spirit in September in an inside cabin on deck 2. Looked on website last week to find Cruise cheaper plus could upgrade to outside cabin for £7. I rang up to enquire to be told its for new bookings only. Very frustrating !!!! GREAT , just priced it up again and the outside cabin is no additional cost now. !!!!!! Edited by jayneez

It's like major chain stores - see something you like at a price you consider reasonable and so are inclined to purchase.

Some weeks later you see it reduced by a significant amount in the sale section and you feel aggrieved.

Same applies to cruise prices with Thomsons etc.

It's just your Donald Duck really IMO.