mayan treasures

cant help with costa maya we didnt make it due to high sea swell or belize (not on our itinerary)

roatan: mohogany bay, lots of facilities at the port, shops/bars/tour operators/taxis/pharmacy/atms/wifi/everything! no need to go out of the complex at all plenty to do right there at the port

including

a small nature walk trough the jungle with lots of stunning scenic viewpoints, picnic tables/benches just footsteps from the ship and an arial ski chair to the beach $12 return (or you can walk)

cozumel: left out of the port gates all the shops, markets and bars further on still are the high end shops (gucci/diamonds international etc) and the divers monument which is a beautiful bronze sculpture/water feature worth walking up there for a look/photo its a nice promenade for a stroll

turning right at the port gates this part of town is quieter and a pleasant walk along the sea front, the dolphinarium is along here, we didnt go ($60PP) but we could watch the dolphins from the street outside through a couple of holes in the wall a little further on is a small rocky beach which looked great for snorkelling

mr sanchos beach is the nearest beach club 15 minute taxi ride $20 for the taxi one way, its a lovely white sand beach with bars/restaurants/shops and various pay extra activities atv's/horseback riding/scuba/kayaks etc and a swimming pool with a swim up bar, if you are consuming beverages use of the palapas/pool etc is free or you can opt for an all inclusive ticket (all you can eat or drink all day)...sorry I dont know how much that was? we opted for the payg beverages and free use of pool etc

Roatan, we went to a different port. There was a shop in the terminal but the town was typically old caribbean, i.e. the shops and bars were huts. We walked the length of it and by the time we returned it was pouring. After a change of clothes and getting a rain coat we got a taxi and went to some gardens which also had butterflies. When we arrived the ships tour were all congregated in the entrance because owing to the steep site the paths had turned into rivers of mud and were very dangerous. We returned to the taxi with two other couples and agreed with the driver just to do a tour of the island. It looked a fabulous place and I would love to return to enjoy it.

Costa Maya, A purpose built port, so you may as well be at an hotel. OK if you want a relaxing day otherwise I would book an excursion. We walked outside the gates and there aren't any paths at all only jungle!

Cozumel is quite large with plenty of shops and taxis. We went to an eco village, it wasn't, but quite nice anyway. I only went to see the Manateas (sp?).

Haven't been to Belize.

Edited by happy v

We liked Costa Maya. As Vera says it is a purpose built resort, but there is beach with free sunbeds, shops and a dolphin show (I know, I know, some of you don't like them!)

I'm out in the garden at the moment, when I go in I will put the computer on and see what photos I have and post them on facebook for you Michelle.

We liked Costa Maya. As Vera says it is a purpose built resort, but there is beach with free sunbeds, shops and a dolphin show (I know, I know, some of you don't like them!)

I'm out in the garden at the moment, when I go in I will put the computer on and see what photos I have and post them on facebook for you Michelle.

thanks linda please don't mention my name on photos this is a surprise present for mums birthday next year she doesn't look at this site :D

My lips are sealed Michelle :D

Wish someone would buy me a present like that ;)

any photos very welcome to see, will be home 3 weeks before going on the spirit, what currency is best for this cruise please

Hi MTT we done this cruise same time in march this year, first stop was Belize you go in by tender about twenty min,s your greeted by a large building full of shop,s selling gold and silver and nick knack,s carnival and r c i were also there so full of our cousin,s from across the pond walk into town ten min,s plenty of shop,s . second was roatan Dream berthed in carnival,s berth lovely walk through the garden,s all in full bloom ,straight to the beach, free sun beds good for swimming plenty of bar,s and shop,s . Costa maya same a Linda described . and Cozumal it was sunday nice walk,s along the prom few shop,s open but this is the port you go to see the Mayan ruin,s your up very early to catch aferry across to the mainland and then a coach journey to the ruin,s after that another day at sea back in tue,s morning are you doing B TO B or cruise and stay i hope this help,s have a lovely cruise.

Hi MTT we done this cruise same time in march this year, first stop was Belize you go in by tender about twenty min,s your greeted by a large building full of shop,s selling gold and silver and nick knack,s carnival and r c i were also there so full of our cousin,s from across the pond walk into town ten min,s plenty of shop,s . second was roatan Dream berthed in carnival,s berth lovely walk through the garden,s all in full bloom ,straight to the beach, free sun beds good for swimming plenty of bar,s and shop,s . Costa maya same a Linda described . and Cozumal it was sunday nice walk,s along the prom few shop,s open but this is the port you go to see the Mayan ruin,s your up very early to catch aferry across to the mainland and then a coach journey to the ruin,s after that another day at sea back in tue,s morning are you doing B TO B or cruise and stay i hope this help,s have a lovely cruise.

only going for a week as on the spirit 3 wekks after we get home, thanks for this

Edited by mtt