Cabins that accommodate 3 people

tromvest

I just received the new 2017 brochure and noticed that there are now only a few cabins in the V1, V2 and V3 category that are marked as "convertible sofa bed". The 2016 brochure shows a lot of them. Are there now very few cabins that accommodate 3 people or are there pull down beds for the 3rd person in any of these V1, V2 or V3 cabins that are not indicated on the ship deck plan? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Julie

Julie,

Ever since the Quest and the Journey were "reimagined" earlier this year, there are fewer triple cabins on board. We've stayed in V3 and V2 balcony cabins on decks 6 and 7, and in a OV6 on deck 4 after the remodeling. All had sofa beds. The new sofa beds are a bit narrower and look like a giant chair.

There were pulldown beds in some of the interior cabins, so that 3 or 4 passengers could share a cabin. After the reimagining, all interior cabins are doubles. No pulldown beds in these or in any other cabins on the Azamara ships.

Hope this helps!

You're welcome, OP. Because of the reduced number of triple balconies we ended up in an ocean view cabin in August. We got a move up offer -- we had not applied for the $398 upgrade -- but decided to stay put as we wanted to try out ocean view cabins on the Journey for future reference. I added my impressions regarding cabin 4015 to the cabin review thread.

The new chair "sofa bed" is more comfortable than the old sofa beds, according to my daughter, but she remarked that it's narrower. We didn't measure its dimensions.

My child is 23!

I just called Azamara and the representative said they did in fact remove a lot of the convertible sofa beds when the ships were refurbished this year. He did say that there are many other balcony that do hold three people that are not marked on the diagram. He said they would bring in a rollaway each night and remove it each morning. I'm sure in 175 sq ft room that would be pretty tight with the rollaway added. I guess that's a reason to book as far in advance as possible if we would want a balcony cabin with a "convertible sofa bed".

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke with Azamara representatives fairly extensively earlier this year in order to try and find out whether it was possible to have a rollaway in a balcony cabin. I was told it was not possible as there would not be room. The cabins that do have convertible sofa beds tend to be either connecting rooms or at the stern of the ship, we could find only two on deck 8 that were roughly midships. I mention this only in case noise or motion are an issue for you, in which case you might want to take this into consideration when choosing which cabin to book.

We are trying one of the deck 8 cabins next year and hope it will be OK. My only concern is comments from both Ellbon and ExcitedofHarpenden (and also one comment in the cabin spreadsheet) about noise coming down from joggers on Deck 10. I have no idea how potentially annoying this might be, neither do I know if Azamara restricts the hours that people can use the jogging track as a courtesy to guests on deck 8. I just wish they had left at least a few sofa beds on deck 6 and 7 midship to give a bit more flexibility and choice.

• 9 months later...

Reviving this older thread to ask what people's experience is with actually having three people in a veranda (V3) cabin (or perhaps oceanview, O6)? We'd be traveling on Journey with a teen who will probably be close to 6 ft by then ;)

Our last cruise was on windstar motor yacht, which are pretty large cabins (but only take 2 pax in most) so I am little hesitant to take a smaller cabin with more people, but maybe we could make it work?

Last time we had 3 (although none of us is 6 ft! ) it is a tight fit although there's plenty of room for luggage so that's not a problem. Only 2 can eat on the verandah. ...we just took turns if we wanted to eat out there, or one sat inside with the doors wide open. To be honest we didn't spend a lot of time in our cabin, so it was fine. We're giving it another go in a few months.

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Forums mobile app

If your teen doesn’t come along does he stay home? Take your son! The cabin will be very tight, but travel with your teen will make memories that last your lifetime. Twenty years ago I traveled extensively with my teen and I am so glad. On Azamara the pullout chair bed is very small, the cabin will be cramped, but the family can do it for a cruise. Enjoy!:)

If your teen doesn’t come along does he stay home? Take your son! The cabin will be very tight, but travel with your teen will make memories that last your lifetime. Twenty years ago I traveled extensively with my teen and I am so glad. On Azamara the pullout chair bed is very small, the cabin will be cramped, but the family can do it for a cruise. Enjoy!:)

Thanks -- travel with the teen when possible is a priority so if we can't all fit we'll find somewhere else to go together. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe they are marketing Azamara as 'Adult Only' ships.

The only child on our recent TA was an officers toddler.

+1 on this on our most recent Azamara cruise. The child was very well behaved however.

DON