Electrical outlets?

Hoyaheel

I found a thread from 2010 stating there are 2 US and 2 European outlets in the cabin (veranda). I searched through the Journey dry dock thread and only found a mention of the USB under the lights next to the bed. Are there still 2 US and 2 European outlets in a Veranda cabin? Trying to figure out what I want to travel with - given our hotel stays in SIN & HKG before and after the cruise, I'd prefer to bring my 220v curling iron with a plug adaptor, but if there aren't european outlets on the ship, I'll bring my dual voltage flat iron instead.....Thanks!

Yes, there are still the original two US and European plug sockets by the desk. These were not upgraded during the refits and to my mind, should have been. They do look a bit old and tatty compared to the rest of the upgraded cabins, but they work perfectly well.

Of course, being from the UK we have to use adaptor plugs for the sockets anyway.

I have an 'adapter' bought from Amazon, which takes 5 USB 'plugs.'

This was very useful, as I used it from one European socket only, but was able to charge our tablets and phones. It also meant that I didn't need to take a US adapter as well.

I'm not worried about charging electronics (or using USBs) - trying to figure out what hair appliances to bring, so I need "real" outlets:D

I have various outlet extenders but don't bring them on cruises as some are against the rules (certain types of surge protectors are apparently dangerous with ship electrical systems).

Still 2 and 2. DW has been bringing a small/short extension cord with her (she also packs a sewing machine, but that's a different story.) Makes life MUCH easier, and they really take up no room in a suitcase. And since you aren't bringing your own toaster, tea kettle, waffle iron, etc, you aren't going to overload the system.