Boarding time

rf413

This is the first time we travel with Azamara, our document shows boarding time at 3:30pm, is that the earliest we can board? On other cruise lines we travelled with, we can usually board earlier and have lunch on board. Could some of the experienced Azamara give us some idea when we should be able to board? Thank you!

We left our hotel in Southampton at noon and were on board after security checks by 12.30pm. We went straight to 'Windows' cafe and were unable to find a seat, except outside, where we eventually shared a table.

So many people were on board before us!

As far as I know in general you can start boarding at 11. i never do I wait until between 2 and 4 if sailing after 8 but if sailing by 5 i am on around 2. i try to go after the cabins are ready. also i skip lunch on ship the 1st day.

Just printed my Xpress pass for Quest next week and it says boarding between 12:30 and 5 for a 6pm departure. I would suggest checking again. Unlike some of the large ships my experience is that Azamara gives a range not a specific time.

Just printed my Xpress pass for Quest next week and it says boarding between 12:30 and 5 for a 6pm departure. I would suggest checking again. Unlike some of the large ships my experience is that Azamara gives a range not a specific time.

also i have checked in when the porters are gone but still in the range.. one example was in LA and we had to 330 to check in and i was there about 310 or so they were gone.

This is a rather late boarding cycle and may have to do with the specific port. So it may not make any sense to show up any earlier than the beginning of the boarding cycle, otherwise, you might just sit around with nothing to do. We have always just walked on board, no delays, early in the day, around 1:00, but for all of our AZ departures, the boarding began at Noon. Good news is that the AZ ships are rather small, the number of passengers to be boarded are manageable, and AZ does a great job of getting everyone on quickly and with a minimum of stress. A contrast to another line that we travel frequently.

I would be inclined to go to your Roll Call and see if there is any discussion there. Our berth in Southampton was questionable, different passengers had been given different information.

You don't say which port you are boarding in, that might help CCers to advice.

Sometimes a ship needs a deep clean due to a case of Noro Virus on the previous cruise, but that would come as late information, often by text or email.

But most likely:

I would certainly look at Sail Away time, 3.30pm might be the last time to be on board. The information you have been sent should say that you need to be on board 1hr before departure.

We are departing from Dubai on Nov 3, departure time is 9pm,. As this is our first cruise with Azamara , I'm not sure if they have the same boarding time for everyone in general. I did not see any posting on the roll call regarding this from others. Thanks for everyone's input.

Edited by rf413

We are departing from Dubai on Nov 3, departure time is 9pm,. As this is our first cruise with Azamara , I'm not sure if they have the same boarding time for everyone in general. I did not see any posting on the roll call regarding this from others. Thanks for everyone's input.

Actually, we have talked about this on the roll call

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=50788692&highlight=Boarding+time#post50788692

See you on the cruise!