question for Bonnie re: cruiseline shore trip price changes

goat rancher

Hi,

Hoping you can help me on this one. We are booked on the Quest for January 26, 2017 (Costa Rica to San Diego) and have been making plans for booking several of the shore tours through Azamara. I have been keeping track of the prices based on the land discoveries brochure for our voyage and figuring out my budget. I had totals last week of what I was going to do, and decided this week to book some of them. I nearly fell off my chair when I saw that all the tours had gone up significantly in price..I am talking about $30 per person per tour increase....

I don't recall anything like that happening on the last cruise we took with Azamara in 2015...

Is it possibly a computer glitch, or did they really increase the prices on all the tours on this voyage (and if so, WHY????)

Thanks.

Liz

Well this is weird, but I went back to the cruise personalizer/book shore tours and the land discoveries guide sites for our voyage again....And the prices are back to the original ones...

Example: Tours I was looking at that were $99 per person went up to $128.75 per person...and now are back to $99 again....and pretty much all the tours for each day were increased and then decreased by those same increments...A big tour to Tikal (at Guatemala stop) went from around $514 to $700+ and now is back to the original $514....

I know I wasn't just "seeing things" because I had downloaded all these figures...

so I guess they were updating something on our voyage and someone must have "pushed the wrong button"...

anyway, I am relieved (and not crazy:p)

Liz

yes, that would be true BUT I was on my own booking and the American Flag was at the top right of the website...and I didn't change it to another country or denomination...

anyway, as long as the prices are back where they should be, I am going to not worry any more about it and get on with my tour plans:)

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of currencies, do I have to pay in my home currency? I am Canadian but would rather pay in USD as I have a good credit card for that with incentives. I end up financially better off not having prices changed into CAD for me. I cannot see a choice in Myazamara.