URGENT advice needed.Yellow fever vaccination 30th of November cruise.

welshfamily

Does anyone know if we will need a vaccination and certificate for Yellow fever to go on this cruise?

It starts in Singapore,visits ko Samui, Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh city Vietnam and finishes in Hong Kong.

It is really hard to work out on the NHS site.

Can anyone help as our TA doesn't know and we have this cruise on hold.

Thanks

I am on the cruise after you and unless you are arriving from these destinations listed on the NHS website

http://www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk/advice/disease-prevention-advice/yellow-fever.aspx You will not need the Yellow Fever jabs.

I am a UK resident and my practice nurse told me to check on the 'fit for travel' website and basically make my own decisions! Although when we went into see her for the jabs she was more helpful! We have had ... tetanus, polio, diphtheria boosters, Hep A & Hep B (combined and a course of 3 over three weeks) and typhoid. My husband had his typhoid jab before me and was a bit off colour (high temp and a bit dizzy) when I received mine I mentioned this and she said that when you are having a few jabs all at one to drink lots of water...this I have and I have had no side effects. Other jabs which we could have had were Japanese Encephalitis and Rabies. The vaccinations we have received we have not had to pay for although depending on your previous HepA/HepB vaccinations you may have these to pay for. Closer to the time of departure we will collect our prescription for ani- malaria tablets for when we are in Vietnam (Malarone)

The nurse also advised on a basic first aid kit ...Antihistamines, Re hydration sachets, mosquito repellent, antiseptic wipes & cream, wound closure strips, different pain killers and everyday things for treating cuts etc

Enjoy your cruise!

Does anyone know if we will need a vaccination and certificate for Yellow fever to go on this cruise?

It starts in Singapore,visits ko Samui, Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh city Vietnam and finishes in Hong Kong.

Thanks

I do not need a certificate for work trips to these areas

Thanks

I'm not a health professional, when we went on a similar cruise in 2013, we went to all these places apart from Ko Samui, we didn't have any jabs or take Malaria tablets.

We didn't have any health problems during our cruise on Azamara.

We did Singapore to HongKong.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks all.

What a roller coaster today has been.

We had originally looked at this cruise but had to change our minds as my husband couldn't get the time off work. We looked at the cruise on the 24th of October but the misinformation in the land discoveries put us off. We were on the point of booking the Quest Thanksgiving cruise when his work arrangements changed.

Cruise is now booked. Strange feeling as my husband and I will have been married for 35 years on the 5th of December and we have not been on holiday on our own since our honeymoon!

UKtog.

Very good of you to reply as I think you are on the Journey at the moment. Hope you are having a great time and not having to do too much work.

May I ask how your Land discoveries are getting on. I ask as we will probebly be booking most of our trips with Azamara as we have never been to this part of the world before.

Hello,

Although not Azamara information...

Seabourn states quite specifically what you need where. They do *not* require a yellow fever shot or malaria tables for these areas in south east Asia.

However, they are mandating both for my March Amazon river cruise. I even need to bring the original, certified vaccination documents along.

Floris

Edited by florisdekort

Thanks all.

What a roller coaster today has been.

We had originally looked at this cruise but had to change our minds as my husband couldn't get the time off work. We looked at the cruise on the 24th of October but the misinformation in the land discoveries put us off. We were on the point of booking the Quest Thanksgiving cruise when his work arrangements changed.

Cruise is now booked. Strange feeling as my husband and I will have been married for 35 years on the 5th of December and we have not been on holiday on our own since our honeymoon!

UKtog.

Very good of you to reply as I think you are on the Journey at the moment. Hope you are having a great time and not having to do too much work.

May I ask how your Land discoveries are getting on. I ask as we will probebly be booking most of our trips with Azamara as we have never been to this part of the world before.

Hi

Yes we are onboard and having a great time. So far for us land discoveries has worked. I did hear of others who had issues but we've been ok. Fingers crossed we get our chefs tour in a few days time. I will let you know if we do!

Edited by uktog

Hope the weather is being kind, the sea's calm and the wines acceptable.

Glad to hear you have had no problems. We have been studying the excursions all afternoon trying to determine which we will do.

I do hope you get the chef's tour and look forward to hearing about it. It was a shame didn't happen in August.

We did this cruise route on Azamara Quest last year. We did not have any injections or take Malaria tablets as we checked the requirements out beforehand. Basically you would only need any injections/ malaria medication if you were planning to stay ashore in rural areas. We were in date with typhoid and polio anyway.

You will have a great time - it's a lovely route. As we had not been to Vietnam before we joined a group from the cruise roll call on 4 days of private tours through Madame Ha of Vietland Discovery. These were excellent and very good value.

The other great thing about this cruise is that the ship goes right onto both Bangkok and Ho Chi Minh City. The sail up both rivers is wonderful. We had our Azamazing evening in Bangkok and it was very good.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app